This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

In town for Reyes' debut in Sylvia-(formerly for Osipova)

I will be taking a brief trip to NYC to witness Osipova's debut in the role. I'm bringing along my French friend and a common friend of us, so...I was thinking ...how about having a drink after the performance and gossip a little about it..? A while ago Natasha, Carbro, Jack Reed and myself went across the Lincoln Center to the hotel where Natasha was staying and had a drink there, and we had a great time! How about repeating it...? flowers.gif It is always so nice to put faces behind the well known screen names! Just let me know either here or via PM if you would like to do so. I'm very excited about this performance!

Hugs:

Cristian.

It's my understanding that Osipova is out of the Saturday "Sylvia" as well. Reyes is dancing.

I'm sick and tired of this situation. Last time I made arrangements to see Osipova in Bayadere, was the same...I ended up with Part. Now, after months planning this trip, here comes again the non show.

I changed the name of the thread from Osipova to Reyes. Poor Xiomara seems to have the "filler" tag in her forehead. I will be cheering my fellow Cuban anyway, definitely.

I'm sick and tired of this situation. Last time I made arrangements to see Osipova in Bayadere, was the same...I ended up with Part. Now, after months planning this trip, here comes again the non show.

Those of us who lived through the Kirkland era can empathize! You held your breathe through that first announcement, hoping she hadn't cancelled (again). At least you know ahead of time.

I know how you feel. Every year my wife gives me a ballet ticket for my birthday. Usually I give her a list of choices for May or June in New York or Boston and let her pick, but this year I said, "I want to see Osipova in Sylvia!", and that's what I got. Or not, as it turns out. But it should be a good experience anyway. I'll see on Saturday.

I changed the name of the thread from Osipova to Reyes. Poor Xiomara seems to have the "filler" tag in her forehead. I will be cheering my fellow Cuban anyway, definitely.

Cristian, just a reminder: it was Vishneva who cancelled that time. Osipova danced (as Gamzatti) as planned that time.

At least with Ms Osipova - she seems to be truly injured. Wtih Ms Kirkland it was her love affair with colombian marching powder.

Which in the eyes of many qualifies as an illness, though not an injury...

(Not claiming to have been happy about the cancellations...who ever is?)

Cristian, just a reminder: it was Vishneva who cancelled that time. Osipova danced (as Gamzatti) as planned that time.

That's correct Birdsall, it was Vishneva who was injured for Bayadere. Perhaps cubanmiamiboy

is thinking of the following week, when Osipova was injured and was replaced by Bolyston in Bright Stream.

That's correct Birdsall, it was Vishneva who was injured for Bayadere. Perhaps cubanmiamiboy

is thinking of the following week, when Osipova was injured and was replaced by Bolyston in Bright Stream.

You guys are right. Same performance-(Bayadere)-different Russian diva-(Vishneva). I must say that in that event I was very happy to see Part as Nikiya, particularly during the white act. Reyes is 40 already-(is she the oldest at ABT...?)-, and I have a thing for the mature ballerina, which usually gives certain depth to performances in absence of fireworks. In any case, I know she can still turn like a 20 something. I'm happy anyway to see her now that she must be toward the end of her career.

Anway...the gathering proposal is still being offered! So, this is me down below, for ID matters.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cristian.rey.5249

Reyes is 40 already-(is she the oldest at ABT...?)-,

If Wikipedia can be trusted, I think Julie Kent at 44 is oldest. Herrera was born in 1975, Kent in 1969, Murphy in 1979. I can't find a birthdate for Reyes in a quick Google. A few more: Vishneva 1976, Cojocaru 1981, Semionova 1984.

Reyes is 40 already-(is she the oldest at ABT...?)-,

If Wikipedia can be trusted, I think Julie Kent at 44 is oldest. Herrera was born in 1975, Kent in 1969, Murphy in 1979. I can't find a birthdate for Reyes in a quick Google. A few more: Vishneva 1976, Cojocaru 1981, Semionova 1984.

Reyes' age came via a friend who studied with her at the ballet school. So Kent is 44...wow. Good for her!

Hi Christian! I wasn't planing to go to the Sat night performance, but now it looks like I'll be there. Would love to meet for a drink after. Where?

Weeell..YOU are the NYer, so I'm open to suggestions..! happy.png Is there a low key joint around the LC to have a couple of drinks..? (Nothing fancy...you know...)

Hi Christian! I wasn't planing to go to the Sat night performance, but now it looks like I'll be there. Would love to meet for a drink after. Where?

Weeell..YOU are the NYer, so I'm open to suggestions..! happy.png Is there a low key joint around the LC to have a couple of drinks..? (Nothing fancy...you know...)

The only low key place I can think of is PJ Clark's. They're usually packed pre-performance, dont know what they're like after. Why don't we meet at intermission and figure it out. If you're up in the balcony we can meet there.

The only low key place I can think of is PJ Clark's. They're usually packed pre-performance, dont know what they're like after. Why don't we meet at intermission and figure it out. If you're up in the balcony we can meet there.

Try Indie. It's in the same space as the Film Forum (under the stairs). Very good both pre and post show. Sometimes a few dancers show up. Less noisy than P. J's.