In town for Reyes' debut in Sylvia-(formerly for Osipova)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

Edited: From Osipova to Reyes.  

#2 mimsyb

mimsyb

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

I will be taking a brief trip to NYC to witness Osipova's debut in the role.  I'm bringing along my French friend and a common friend of us, so...I was thinking ...how about having a drink after the performance and gossip a little about it..? A while ago Natasha, Carbro, Jack Reed and myself went across the Lincoln Center to the hotel where Natasha was staying and had a drink there, and we had a great time! How about repeating it...? flowers.gif  It is always so nice to put faces behind the well known screen names! Just let me know either here or via PM if you  would like to do so.  I'm very excited about this performance!

Hugs:

Cristian.

It's my understanding that Osipova is out of the Saturday "Sylvia" as well.  Reyes is dancing.

#3 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

Cristian will have to cheer for his fellow cubana, then. 

#4 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

It's my understanding that Osipova is out of the Saturday "Sylvia" as well.  Reyes is dancing.

Yes. This change is now on the ABT site:
http://www.abt.org/calendar.aspx

#5 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,160 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

I'm sick and tired of this situation.  Last time I made arrangements to see Osipova in Bayadere, was the same...I ended up with Part.  Now, after months planning this trip, here comes again the non show.

I changed the name of the thread from Osipova to Reyes.  Poor Xiomara seems to have the "filler" tag in her forehead.  I will be cheering my fellow Cuban anyway, definitely.

#6 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

I'm sick and tired of this situation.  Last time I made arrangements to see Osipova in Bayadere, was the same...I ended up with Part.  Now, after months planning this trip, here comes again the non show.

Those of us who lived through the Kirkland era can empathize! You held your breathe through that first announcement, hoping she hadn't cancelled (again). At least you know ahead of time.

#7 Caesariatus

Caesariatus

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

I know how you feel.  Every year my wife gives me a ballet ticket for my birthday.  Usually I give her a list of choices for May or June in New York or Boston and let her pick, but this year I said, "I want to see Osipova in Sylvia!", and that's what I got.  Or not, as it turns out.  But it should be a good experience anyway.  I'll see on Saturday.

#8 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

toot.gif   Happy Birthday, Caesariatus, and welcome to BalletAlert!  :shake:  We'll look forward to your reaction -- and to those of any others who see the performance.

#9 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

I changed the name of the thread from Osipova to Reyes.  Poor Xiomara seems to have the "filler" tag in her forehead.  I will be cheering my fellow Cuban anyway, definitely.

Cristian, just a reminder: it was Vishneva who cancelled that time. Osipova danced (as Gamzatti) as planned that time. 

#10 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

At least with Ms Osipova - she seems to be truly injured.  Wtih Ms Kirkland it was her love affair with colombian marching powder. 

#11 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

At least with Ms Osipova - she seems to be truly injured.  Wtih Ms Kirkland it was her love affair with colombian marching powder.

Which in the eyes of many qualifies as an illness, though not an injury...

(Not claiming to have been happy about the cancellations...who ever is?)

#12 aurora

aurora

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Reyes debut was actually tonight. I thought she acquitted herself quite well all things considered

#13 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

I saw 3 Don Q with Yoko Ichino as replacement. She was good but i wanted to see Gelsey

#14 NinaFan

NinaFan

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

Cristian, just a reminder: it was Vishneva who cancelled that time. Osipova danced (as Gamzatti) as planned that time. 

That's correct Birdsall, it was Vishneva who was injured for Bayadere.  Perhaps cubanmiamiboy

is thinking of the following week, when Osipova was injured and was replaced by Bolyston in Bright Stream.

#15 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,160 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

That's correct Birdsall, it was Vishneva who was injured for Bayadere.  Perhaps cubanmiamiboy

is thinking of the following week, when Osipova was injured and was replaced by Bolyston in Bright Stream.

You guys are right.   Same performance-(Bayadere)-different Russian diva-(Vishneva).   I must say that in that event I was very happy to see Part as Nikiya, particularly during the white act.  Reyes is 40 already-(is she the oldest at ABT...?)-, and I have a thing for the mature ballerina, which usually gives certain depth to performances in absence of fireworks.  In any case, I know she can still turn like a 20 something.  I'm happy anyway to see her now that she must be toward the end of her career. 

Anway...the gathering proposal is still being offered!  So, this is me down below, for ID matters.

https://www.facebook...istian.rey.5249

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):