This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

New Dancers, 2014 season

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 sf_herminator

sf_herminator

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

It appears he returned to the Stanislavsky Theater with a promotion. He is scheduled to dance the part of Bratfisch in MacMillan's Mayerling on November 8 and 9, having recently danced the Bronze Idol in the company's new La Bayadère on October 18, 19 and 21.

http://stanmus.com/person/1012

It looks like the soloist Dmitry Zagrebin never made it over from Russia. Can anyone confirm what he is doing at present?

His Facebook page mentions, "Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Danchenko Musical Theatre".

He did dance in Suite En Blanc at Stern Grove back in July.  Too bad - I was looking forward to seeing more of him.

#47 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

He did dance in Suite En Blanc at Stern Grove back in July.  Too bad - I was looking forward to seeing more of him.

I didn't realize that, SF_Herminator - he must have decided the change was just too great for him. It is certainly hard to leave friends, family and culture behind to be in a completely different place.

#48 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

Here's a sneak peak of Mathilde Froustey dancing Suite en Blanc in NYC with SFB (Davit Karapetyan and Vitor Luiz):

#49 Michael

Michael

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

Beautiful the way she nails that balance in sous-sus right before the end - great mélange of technique and feel for the stage drama of the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):