New Dancers, 2014 season

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 sf_herminator

sf_herminator

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

It appears he returned to the Stanislavsky Theater with a promotion. He is scheduled to dance the part of Bratfisch in MacMillan's Mayerling on November 8 and 9, having recently danced the Bronze Idol in the company's new La Bayadère on October 18, 19 and 21.

http://stanmus.com/person/1012

It looks like the soloist Dmitry Zagrebin never made it over from Russia. Can anyone confirm what he is doing at present?

His Facebook page mentions, "Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Danchenko Musical Theatre".

He did dance in Suite En Blanc at Stern Grove back in July.  Too bad - I was looking forward to seeing more of him.

#47 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

He did dance in Suite En Blanc at Stern Grove back in July.  Too bad - I was looking forward to seeing more of him.

I didn't realize that, SF_Herminator - he must have decided the change was just too great for him. It is certainly hard to leave friends, family and culture behind to be in a completely different place.

#48 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

Here's a sneak peak of Mathilde Froustey dancing Suite en Blanc in NYC with SFB (Davit Karapetyan and Vitor Luiz):

#49 Michael

Michael

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

Beautiful the way she nails that balance in sous-sus right before the end - great mélange of technique and feel for the stage drama of the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):