This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

New Dancers, 2014 season

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 PeggyTulle

PeggyTulle

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

Nicole Ciapponi is now listed on the SFB roster, and her bio is active, too.

#32 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

The first sentence of her bio should read, "Born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Nicole Ciapponi trained [with/at] Goh Ballet..." But I'm not sure if contacting the webmaster would change anything.

#33 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

It's funny, but I was so hoping she would turn up (others have after not being listed in the initial update) that I've been checking regularly in hopes she would be there.

I'm a great admirer of her potential; if she gets the nurturing that Tomasson does so well, she could be special. She's already had some solo roles (Spinner, I think in Coppelia, Red Sox Girl in the Balanchine La Sylphide look alike - forgotten the name). Technically, she's up to anything, especially glorious batterie, but she still seems a little shy of imposing herself on a role. I saw Red Sox Girl twice: Ciapponi and Dores Andre. When Ciapponi left the stage, I wanted to see the dancer again; when Andre left the stage, I wanted to see the character again.

Excellent news. Thanks for letting us know.

#34 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

...Red Sox Girl in the Balanchine La Sylphide look alike - forgotten the name). Technically, she's up to anything, especially glorious batterie, but she still seems a little shy of imposing herself on a role. I saw Red Sox Girl twice: Ciapponi and Dores Andre. When Ciapponi left the stage, I wanted to see the dancer again; when Andre left the stage, I wanted to see the character again.

I think you may mean Scotch Symphony.  ;)

#35 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

...Red Sox Girl in the Balanchine La Sylphide look alike - forgotten the name). Technically, she's up to anything, especially glorious batterie, but she still seems a little shy of imposing herself on a role. I saw Red Sox Girl twice: Ciapponi and Dores Andre. When Ciapponi left the stage, I wanted to see the dancer again; when Andre left the stage, I wanted to see the character again.

I think you may mean Scotch Symphony.  ;)

Ooooohhhhh, I knew that!  I just wanted to see if anyone else did... innocent.gif   thanks.GIF

#36 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

The first sentence of her bio should read, "Born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Nicole Ciapponi trained [with/at] Goh Ballet..." But I'm not sure if contacting the webmaster would change anything.

It's interesting that in last year's booklets, she was listed as joining the corps de ballet in 2010.  Now her bio says she joined in 2013.

#37 tutu

tutu

• PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

It's interesting that in last year's booklets, she was listed as joining the corps de ballet in 2010.  Now her bio says she joined in 2013.

Wasn't she a trainee first? Maybe that was the source of the mixup?

#38 PeggyTulle

PeggyTulle

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

She's been in the corps since 2010. I think this was just an editing error.

#39 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

Meet SF Ballet’s Newest Principal Dancer: Mathilde Froustey

(from the SFB Blog)

http://www.sfballetb...hilde-froustey/

I'm impressed that she's already done volunteer work at Glide Memorial Church (very famous in the Bay Area).

flag-535x805.jpg

#40 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,418 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

That is a spectacular photo.

#41 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

Mathilde Froustey and Yannick Bittencourt - Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux

Mathilde Froustey - Pas de Cinq de Suite en Blanc

Delibes Suite Pas de deux - Mathilde Froustey & Mathias Heymann

#42 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

Courtney's LinkedIn profile states "Classical and Contemporary Performing Artist and Instructor" in/near Charlotte, NC.

I've confirmed that Courtney Elizabeth is teaching at the Piedmont School of Music and Dance in North Carolina, and is now calling herself Courtney Elizabeth Stewart, so I think we can guess that she's gotten married since leaving SFB. Congratulations to Courtney!

#43 vrsfanatic

vrsfanatic

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

Mrs. Stewart has been married to Mr. Matt Stewart (former SFB member as well) for some time.

#44 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

It looks like the soloist Dmitry Zagrebin never made it over from Russia. Can anyone confirm what he is doing at present?

His Facebook page mentions, "Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Danchenko Musical Theatre".

#45 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

It appears he returned to the Stanislavsky Theater with a promotion. He is scheduled to dance the part of Bratfisch in MacMillan's Mayerling on November 8 and 9, having recently danced the Bronze Idol in the company's new La Bayadère on October 18, 19 and 21.

http://stanmus.com/person/1012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):