This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New Dancers, 2014 season

Probably just a waiting game until their new companies make formal announcements of hiring decisions for the 2013 / 2014 season. This is true in the corporate world as well - you are asked not to announce anything or publish on social media until your new company is ready to make the announcement.

[Admin beanie on]

Please provide links/source information for all unambiguous dancer information unless it's been documented in another thread (ex: Vito Mazzo to DNB, Vilanoba to retire), or it will be removed, and Facebook is a source only when it comes from a "Like" (formerly fan) page that is open to the public or a post on a personal page that it is not restricted (ie, you don't have to be "friend" to see it.)

[Admin beanie off]

Examples:

Madison Kessler: her Twitter description currently reads, "(Warning:I tweet too much) I dance sometimes:Hamburg Ballet,San Francisco Ballet,& soon w/ English National Ballet. I'm just a dancing girl & social media dork.)"

Shion Yuasa: her (public) Facebook profile says she works for Tulsa Ballet, and her page has an album of gorgeous photos from Japan 2013.

Garen Scribner's plans were posted to the SFB blog.

Probably just a waiting game until their new companies make formal announcements of hiring decisions for the 2013 / 2014 season. This is true in the corporate world as well - you are asked not to announce anything or publish on social media until your new company is ready to make the announcement.

Perhaps because companies are noted for selectively updating their websites and putting out press releases over the summer, some of it driven by contractual issues, that ship has sailed, as the above examples show.

Nicole Ciapponi is now listed on the SFB roster, and her bio is active, too.

It's funny, but I was so hoping she would turn up (others have after not being listed in the initial update) that I've been checking regularly in hopes she would be there.

I'm a great admirer of her potential; if she gets the nurturing that Tomasson does so well, she could be special. She's already had some solo roles (Spinner, I think in Coppelia, Red Sox Girl in the Balanchine La Sylphide look alike - forgotten the name). Technically, she's up to anything, especially glorious batterie, but she still seems a little shy of imposing herself on a role. I saw Red Sox Girl twice: Ciapponi and Dores Andre. When Ciapponi left the stage, I wanted to see the dancer again; when Andre left the stage, I wanted to see the character again.

Excellent news. Thanks for letting us know.

...Red Sox Girl in the Balanchine La Sylphide look alike - forgotten the name). Technically, she's up to anything, especially glorious batterie, but she still seems a little shy of imposing herself on a role. I saw Red Sox Girl twice: Ciapponi and Dores Andre. When Ciapponi left the stage, I wanted to see the dancer again; when Andre left the stage, I wanted to see the character again.

I think you may mean Scotch Symphony. ;)

...Red Sox Girl in the Balanchine La Sylphide look alike - forgotten the name). Technically, she's up to anything, especially glorious batterie, but she still seems a little shy of imposing herself on a role. I saw Red Sox Girl twice: Ciapponi and Dores Andre. When Ciapponi left the stage, I wanted to see the dancer again; when Andre left the stage, I wanted to see the character again.

I think you may mean Scotch Symphony. ;)

Ooooohhhhh, I knew that! I just wanted to see if anyone else did... innocent.gifthanks.GIF

The first sentence of her bio should read, "Born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Nicole Ciapponi trained [with/at] Goh Ballet..." But I'm not sure if contacting the webmaster would change anything.

It's interesting that in last year's booklets, she was listed as joining the corps de ballet in 2010. Now her bio says she joined in 2013.

The first sentence of her bio should read, "Born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Nicole Ciapponi trained [with/at] Goh Ballet..." But I'm not sure if contacting the webmaster would change anything.

It's interesting that in last year's booklets, she was listed as joining the corps de ballet in 2010. Now her bio says she joined in 2013.

Wasn't she a trainee first? Maybe that was the source of the mixup?

Courtney's LinkedIn profile states "Classical and Contemporary Performing Artist and Instructor" in/near Charlotte, NC.

I've confirmed that Courtney Elizabeth is teaching at the Piedmont School of Music and Dance in North Carolina, and is now calling herself Courtney Elizabeth Stewart, so I think we can guess that she's gotten married since leaving SFB. Congratulations to Courtney!

It appears he returned to the Stanislavsky Theater with a promotion. He is scheduled to dance the part of Bratfisch in MacMillan's Mayerling on November 8 and 9, having recently danced the Bronze Idol in the company's new La Bayadère on October 18, 19 and 21.

http://stanmus.com/person/1012

It looks like the soloist Dmitry Zagrebin never made it over from Russia. Can anyone confirm what he is doing at present?

His Facebook page mentions, "Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Danchenko Musical Theatre".

He did dance in Suite En Blanc at Stern Grove back in July. Too bad - I was looking forward to seeing more of him.

He did dance in Suite En Blanc at Stern Grove back in July. Too bad - I was looking forward to seeing more of him.

I didn't realize that, SF_Herminator - he must have decided the change was just too great for him. It is certainly hard to leave friends, family and culture behind to be in a completely different place.