2014 Met Season

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#181 RUKen

RUKen

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

Regarding the Trio subscriptions, I'm typically in the balcony, so I'm not sure if my comments below are applicable for the lower rings or the orchestra section:

If you want to go to at least three of the performances with popular principals in the lead roles, then you are likely to get much better seats in the Trio subscription than if you wait until individual seats become available.  Occasionally, though, tickets for good seats get returned (or exchanged), so if you are able to check availability every day you might score front-row seats in the section of your choice.  Also, if your preference is to attend Wednesday matinees, when soloists are commonly cast in the lead roles, or if you are not particular about casting and flexible about dates, then you will probably find some good seats available later this spring. 

#182 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

I just noticed that the three big remaining TBD performances (the 5/28 Bayadere and the  6/12 and 6/14 Cinderella performances) are all unavailable on the 1829 Club subscription for young balletgoers. They generally black out dates that are anticipated to be big sells, so I wonder if ABT is still banking on a guest star for those performances. It would now seem unlikely that they are holding those performances for more junior members of the company to learn the roles. Also, none of the dates would seem to make sense for a yet-to-be-announced retirement performance (if one is coming.)

Your hunch could be correct. I haven't heard anything on the 6/12 & 6/14 Cinderella TBA castings yet, if you don't mind taking a little risk, I'd suggest you to go ahead to buy the 5/28 Bayadere.

#183 Plisskin

Plisskin

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:18 AM

Unless I'm looking at the casting wrong, there's not as many Guest Artist's this Met season? Only Kotchekova, Matvienko, and Cojocaru; the former whom only has 1 performance so far. Maybe McKenzie is deciding after those scathing exiting interviews from Messmer/ Dvorovenko about the low company morale due to too many gust artists, and the recent exits from long time corps members, to give more opportunities for ABT dancers? No complaints from me if so.

#184 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:44 AM

There are a lot of performers at ABT who are not technically "guest artists", but in reality are just that.  As examples, I would list Vishneva, Hallberg, Bolle and Vasiliev.  While some of these people have a long history with ABT, the reality is that their appearances are minimal.  Hallberg's numero uno devotion is now  to the Bolshoi.

#185 Plisskin

Plisskin

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:02 AM

There are a lot of performers at ABT who are not technically "guest artists", but in reality are just that.  As examples, I would list Vishneva, Hallberg, Bolle and Vasiliev.  While some of these people have a long history with ABT, the reality is that their appearances are minimal.  Hallberg's numero uno devotion is now  to the Bolshoi.

Ah, that is true. sad.png I don't know why I didn't think of that and got my hopes up, lol.

Although I don't really care for her, they atleast have given Boylston a good amount of Met performances.

#186 Barbara

Barbara

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:07 PM

It makes me sad to think of Hallberg as a de facto guest artist at ABT. Although I understand his hunger to challenge himself artistically I miss the opportunity of seeing him as often as before he joined the Bolshoi. The coming years will be interesting to follow.

#187 ord7916

ord7916

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

On the matter of subscriptions, two questions: 

If I buy a make your own subscription, do I get to choose actual seats?  On the website, there doesn't seem to be an option for that, only to choose which section.

And, can I exchange a ticket for any performance?  So if I wanted to change a Weds night Swan Lake to a Monday Manon, can I do that, or does it have to be for the same ballet?   

#188 Lcg

Lcg

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

For ABT you cannot choose exact seats for any type of subscription. If you are a subscriber you can exchange for almost any performance ( not opening night and not a gala if there is another). Day of week or performance does not matter, but you will have to pay any additional cost or contribute any refundable amount.

#189 ord7916

ord7916

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:40 AM

Thanks for the info.  So even if exchanging seats for another performance, choosing an exact seat is not an option? 

#190 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:43 AM

You can only choose your own seat on exchange if you go in person to the box office to do the exchange.

#191 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

Some time ago, somebody asked when single tickets go on sale. I couldn't find an answer anywhere on the ABT or Met sites -- but I just got an e-mail from ABT with a last-minute plea to order a subscription: ". . .  for best available seats before individual tickets go on sale to the general public on March 30. " So, I guess that's it!

#192 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

I believe the dynamic pricing takes effect on 4/7, so you only have a week to procrastinate.

#193 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

My understanding is that subscriber exchange week begins on March 23.  Does anyone know for sure?  I have not received my subscription tickets yet.

#194 Lcg

Lcg

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

Tickets arrived today. Subscriber exchanges March 23 to 29. Then resume April 7.

#195 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

Hopefully they will fill in the TBA slots on or before March 23.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):