3 replies to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,214 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

Mark Morris was interviewed in the "New York Times," and it was published today (6 June):

http://www.nytimes.c...gewanted=1&_r=0

My favorite quote is:

And so as soon as I was choreographing other people besides myself, which was very early on, I was making up stuff that I wanted to watch, as opposed to what I wanted to feel like.

I wish that were every choreographer's MO.

#2 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

Indeed!

#3 ABT Fan

ABT Fan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

Mark Morris was interviewed in the "New York Times," and it was published today (6 June):

http://www.nytimes.c...gewanted=1&_r=0

My favorite quote is:

And so as soon as I was choreographing other people besides myself, which was very early on, I was making up stuff that I wanted to watch, as opposed to what I wanted to feel like.

I wish that were every choreographer's MO.

Wonderful point. Very funny (and insightful) interview. This is probably my favorite part:
[font=georgia, 'times new roman', times, serif][size=1]
[size=4]"Do older dancers bring something that younger dancers don’t?[/size][/size][/font]
[font=georgia, 'times new roman', times, serif][size=1]
[size=4]I like working with grown-up dancers much better, because there’s somebody to talk to at the airport when you’re delayed."[/size][/size][/font]

#4 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

haha! The man has no filter, and he's completely honest about how he views the world. Even though I disagree with him at times.

Here is my favorite quote (I've underlined below):
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font][/size][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Do you miss performing?[/font][/size]
[font=georgia, 'times new roman', times, serif][size=1][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I don’t, believe it or not. I don’t miss the roar of the crowd. I still get that when I take a bow, if I milk it right. I’m not regretful, but I’m envious sometimes.

[/font][/size][/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]But really, the entire article is quotable. [/font]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):