This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Alessandra FerriA comeback at 50

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nicolezly

nicolezly

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

Ferri is coming back to her dancing career.

Report:
http://www.gramilano...f-her-marriage/

#2 ABT Fan

ABT Fan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:59 AM

Wow. It'll be great to see her back in NY!

#3 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

I hope someone creates some interesting choreography for her.

#4 jimmattimore

jimmattimore

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

Oh Lord, I went to her ABT retirement. Yes, come back.

Love, JIM

#5 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

There is  a new dance performance piece that Ferri will appear in w. Herman Cornejo titled "Cheri", with choreography by Martha Clarke.  Performances are at the Signature Theater in NYC, starting in November.

#6 yiannisfrance

yiannisfrance

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

Wonderful to have such a great artist back. I am really looking forward to her upcoming collaboration at La Scala with Neumeier based on Eleanor Duse.

#7 Balanchinomane

Balanchinomane

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Tickets for are now on sale for Chéri at signaturetheatre.org

Starring Ferri, Herman Cornejo and Amy Irving.

It is running November 19 thru December 22.

It is going to be wonderful.

#8 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

Does anyone know what the "performance extra" designation means? It appears as an asterisk for some of the performances.

Also, why is the first row available when most of the seats behind it are sold? Is the first row bad for viewing?

#9 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Does anyone know what the "performance extra" designation means? It appears as an asterisk for some of the performances.

Also, why is the first row available when most of the seats behind it are sold? Is the first row bad for viewing?

I just found the answer to the first question on the web site. There are several different performance extras, including Q&As with the production people and artistic staff.

Does anyone know about the seating? I love to sit up close, but does anyone know whether that's a bad idea in that theater?

#10 mimsyb

mimsyb

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

I just found the answer to the first question on the web site. There are several different performance extras, including Q&As with the production people and artistic staff.

Does anyone know about the seating? I love to sit up close, but does anyone know whether that's a bad idea in that theater?

This theater at the Signature Theater Complex has excellent seating.  Every seat is fine, except for a few on the very sides.  I would not want to sit up too close here.  For plays the front row is right up at the stage.  Don't know if they will reconfigure in any way.  Probably not.  Go to the web site and look at the seating chart.   The theater is the Diamond Theater.  I have a seat in row "G" for my viewing, which gives one a bit of perspective, especially for movement of any kind.  I've sat in almost all the areas of this theater and there really isn't a bad seat anywhere. 

#11 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

This theater at the Signature Theater Complex has excellent seating.  Every seat is fine, except for a few on the very sides.  I would not want to sit up too close here.  For plays the front row is right up at the stage.  Don't know if they will reconfigure in any way.  Probably not.  Go to the web site and look at the seating chart.   The theater is the Diamond Theater.  I have a seat in row "G" for my viewing, which gives one a bit of perspective, especially for movement of any kind.  I've sat in almost all the areas of this theater and there really isn't a bad seat anywhere. 

Many thanks, mimsyb. That's exactly what I needed to know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):