• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16 diane

diane

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:21 AM

It looks just a teeny bit different, but things seem to be functioning fine, and that is what matters, or? Thank you so much for all your hard work, Helene!! 

clapping.gif clapping.gif

-d-

#17 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,434 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

Hear! Hear!

i'd have to take to my bed at just the thought of having to face such daunting tasks as website upgrades! or at least like MacMillan's Juliet, back off and dance around the phial of 'upgrade' for a good while before finally taking the potion...

thanks for all the doubtlessly trying efforts in this largely thankless tasks!

#18 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

Re: "Bits & Pieces of Balanchine" cite -- I cannot access clips---I can only access the clips on YouTube.......same with the other cites---YouTube OK but not the others.....

#19 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,986 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

I've looked at the thread.  All of the links in the thread except in two posts are YouTube videos.  People have wondered why some of the videos showed up imbedded in the posts and others appear as links.  The pattern seems to be that if the video URL begins with "https://", which is used for security, or if the URL is mis-formulated, it will appear as a link.  If it begins with "http" or "www.youtube etc.", our software will recognize it as a media file and it will be embedded.  When I fixed a link that began http://http://etc., it showed up as an embedded video after I completed the edit.

The issue with imbedded links is that it can take a while for them to appear onscreen.   My connection is pretty sluggish today, and it was taking forever for half of them to load. Until they were close to completion, I could cursor over the blank space, and nothing appear.  Just before the video resolve, my curse changed to show that it recognized there was something on which to click.

I'm not sure whether ad-blockers or other security software have an impact on these embedded video files. 

The link in post 40 navigates to the ina.fr website.  The links in post 11 navigate to the Kennedy center site. 

If you can give me a post number or two from the right-hand side of the post across from the post author name, I can confirm what the video source is.

#20 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,324 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

or at least like MacMillan's Juliet, back off and dance around the phial of 'upgrade' for a good while before finally taking the potion...

Would that be before or after a silent scream?

#21 Lidewij

Lidewij

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

I miss the link to BT4D at the top of the page.. Will it return?

And of course, thank you for all the hard work of managing this amazing website.. flowers.gif

#22 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,986 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

I can see the link on my iPad and Mac screens. Do you see an option called "More" with a little down arrow? If so, the link to "BT4Dancers" should be there. Sometimes it seems to be a browser issue and others it's how wide your window is.

I'm considering changing the text to "BT4D" to fit on more screens.

#23 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

My Mac with Firefox shows it as the single drop-down under "More." Odd, because it looks like there's more than enough space for "BT4Dancers."

#24 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,986 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

That happened to me the first night after the upgrade. Since the day after, it's been displaying as "BT4Dancers.". Weird.

#25 Lidewij

Lidewij

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

I use Chrome on a Windows computer, I don't see a "more" option either..

#26 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,986 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

I don't have Chrome installed yet, and we're supposed to be Chrome-compatible.  I'll try it tomorrow.

In the meantime, I've changed the wording from "BT4Dancers" to "BT4D."  Is that visible for you?  (You may have to refresh your browser if you're still active in the one you used to post your comment above.)

#27 diane

diane

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

Chrome-user here. I can see the BT4D link at the top, no hassles. :) 

-d-

#28 Kathleen O'Connell

Kathleen O'Connell

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

... the phial of 'upgrade'...

rofl.GIF

I've danced around The Phial of Upgrade a few too many times in my career, and I can tell you that -- like Juliet -- one always does wake up afterwards but it never, ever works out the way Friar IT Guy promised. 

Helene -- Many thanks for taking on this thankless task!

#29 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,986 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

... the phial of 'upgrade'...

:rofl:

I've danced around The Phial of Upgrade a few too many times in my career, and I can tell you that -- like Juliet -- one always does wake up afterwards but it never, ever works out the way Friar IT Guy promised. 
:rofl: :rofl:

#30 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,986 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

Many thanks for the confirmation, diane!  I'd forgotten I'd installed Chrome on my PC for the last BT4D upgrade.  I'm seeing "BT4D" now, too.  I hope you are as well, Lidewij.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):