This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

UPGRADE ISSUES ID'D

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

We're going to have a software upgrade in the next week or two. The process is that I request an upgrade, and then I'm told when it's over. It could be a few hours or a twenty minutes from my request, depending on the work load of the production support teams.

As always, any posts that are made from the time the upgrade starts until it is over could be lost. I'll post to this thread as soon as I make the request, so that you'll have fair warning.

#2 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, but even more thanks for the work you do to keep the playground open!

#3 ViolinConcerto

ViolinConcerto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

from my perch in the sandbox.......extra thanks!

#4 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,404 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

I'm about to request the upgrade; our request will be added to the queue. It's possible that anything posted between the start and finish will be lost.

The board may look different in places and function differently for a while until we identify all of the changes and make modifications.

#5 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,404 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

Please let me know if anything is broken or looks funnier than usual.

#6 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,404 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

Many thanks to innopac for noticing that the Poster Name column in the "View New Content" results is displaying as the string "Array" instead of the poster name.  I just filed a support ticket (and I hope it's not something one of the old mods I did broke).

#7 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,404 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

This one is very important -- the quote function is not working properly.

There's a new feature in which when you are in "BBCode Mode" -- i.e., you can see and use all of the controls, like the "Bold" button -- if you quote, in the new post, the quote box appears formatted.  This allows you to edit without accidentally deleting the "

]" and "
' formatting, which is great.

The problem is, when you save, the only thing that's saved is this:

or

and the text in the quote box appears below outside the quote box, as if it's part of the new post.

The only thing we can do until this is resolved is to put a divider between what is being quoted and the response:

This is the post quote, this is the post quote, this is the post quote

This is the post quote, this is the post quote, this is the post quote

------------- (or ********************* or //////////////////////////)

This is the response, this is the response, this is the response

This is the response, this is the response, this is the response

#8 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,404 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

Both of these issues are my fault: they are from changes I made in versions prior to the upgrade. The original templates are going to be restored, and things might look a little different for a while after they are.

#9 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,404 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

We just got an update that the link on the emails to a thread is directing to the first post in the thread, not the first unread post.

#10 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,404 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

The only way to resolve the quote and View New Content Poster Name issues was to revert back to the original UI.  As you can see, the site looks a lot different than usual.

It will take me a while to change back, since I have to reinstate each change and then test to be sure it doesn't break anything else.

#11 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

Let us know if there's anything we can do, otherwise we will follow the popular admonition to "keep calm, and carry on."

#12 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,404 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

It's going to take a while to get the site back to looking like itself before the upgrade. 

Please expect things to be a little messy for a while.

#13 innopac

innopac

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

You are a magician!! The new content choices on the left panel are working flowers.gif (past week, past 24 hours etc)

#14 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,404 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:31 AM

That was IPS:  they fixed it!

#15 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,404 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:42 AM

I know it still looks off:  I've been focusing on some of the less immediately visible stuff.  It should look better by later on Friday.   I need to call it a night now, so that I don't start making sloppy mistakes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):