• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

[size=4]I've always been curious about changes being done by Fokine in Les Sylphides and how it came to be danced in Cuba. The version that Alonso still has in repertoire-(which is engraved in my memory)- is the one she imported from BT during the late 40’s-(it was staged in Havana in 1948 to be precise)-, but the one danced by the Ballet de Camaguey-(staged by Fernando Alonso)- had a rather different lineage, that of the one his brother Alberto Alonso carbon copied from his years at the BRdMC-(earlier than the one Alicia learned). That version is also still danced by Fernando’s company. Now, knowing that the ballet sort of morphed a bit thru the years…is there a possibility that any substantial changes happened in between the two versions…? Did Fokine changed anything toward the very last stagings of the ballet…?[/size]

Posted Image

#2 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

I'd have to dig up the references if you want documentation, but I know that Fokine tinkered with the ballet several times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):