This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Le Corsaire, Romeo and Juliet or Sleeping Beauty

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

As write this, there are excellent seats in the rear orchestra @ $57 (+ $2. "facility fee") in Row O, seats 29-33. Because of my strong preference for seats elevated above stage level, if I were looking for a GREAT seat but not willing to pay anything like $155, I'd check out the Second Ring*, Row D, seats 212-27 or Row E, seats 13-23. The Row E seats are more central, but the difference is not significant. All the ones I've mentioned here -- both in Orchestra and Second Ring -- offer a full view of the stage.

Better hurry!

_______
*I'd even opt for the Third Ring, but I understand your reluctance, at this point, to go that far up.

Edited by carbro, 31 May 2013 - 11:54 AM.
The footnote.

#32 NinaFan

NinaFan

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

Thanks for the replies. I may do the NYCB on Friday 6/7, though not for $155. Perhaps the $89 at the rear orchestra, but will that be too far away?

For the moment, I think I'll skip Le Corsaire, Sleeping Beauty and R&J and ABT, but as the dates get closer, who knows?

Assuming that you live in the nyc/tri state area - I would see the Le Corsaire Matinee on June 8 (In my opinion - this is a marvelous cast). Then when September rolls around, you can see NYCB during their 4 Week Season. Yes, Corsaire is silly, but it is a lot of fun. And it is jam packed with great dancing. You will get another shot at NYCB in just a few months, but ABT will not be doing the full length ballets again until next May.

#33 Colleen Boresta

Colleen Boresta

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

ord7916, there are orchestra seats that are closer and cheaper at the David Koch Theatre. I've gotten seats in row H for $26. I have a subscription so the tickets are slightly cheaper. You can probably get a seat in row H for like $29 or $30 a ticket. And you don't have to worry about being too far to the side. You can be all the way on the end and still have a great view. (Don't ever try this at the Met, however. If you're too far to the side your view is badlty obstructed.) There are also good seats in rows J and K for $51. Again, I have a subscription so I pay less. But you could probably get a seat in row J or K for $60 opr a little less. Look online. nycballet.com.

#34 kbarber

kbarber

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

ord7916, there are orchestra seats that are closer and cheaper at the David Koch Theatre. I've gotten seats in row H for $26. I have a subscription so the tickets are slightly cheaper. You can probably get a seat in row H for like $29 or $30 a ticket. And you don't have to worry about being too far to the side. You can be all the way on the end and still have a great view. (Don't ever try this at the Met, however. If you're too far to the side your view is badlty obstructed.) There are also good seats in rows J and K for $51. Again, I have a subscription so I pay less. But you could probably get a seat in row J or K for $60 opr a little less. Look online. nycballet.com.

seats in row H for $29? Every time I look they are $135. Row J and K right on the wall are $57 (if there are any left) but anything closer in is, again, $135. Plus $9 per ticket service charges.

#35 Colleen Boresta

Colleen Boresta

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

All I can tell you is I got 4 $26 dollar tickets (which I think are $29, maybe a litle more if you don't have a subscription) at the box office. I think it was last August. I got them quite soon after I got my tickets for the 2012-2013 seasons. Maybe they don't have too many tickets at that price and they sold out quickly. I'm not sure.

#36 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

I bought a NYCB ticket last Thursday for this Friday, June 8th, Row B orchestra - last seat on the end, for $29.

Last year I bought several $29 tickets at the end of Row A or B. Great seats and my favourite kind - close to the stage!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):