This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Who Cares-Het Nationale Ballet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

#2 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

Excellent find, Madame H. So great to see an entire, uncut perfromance! This filming looks as if it was intended for DVD distribution, so maybe we will get lucky.

#3 Jack Reed

Jack Reed

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

Yeah, wow! Pretty well danced, well played, but I could have done with less of the director's "interpretation" and a less obstructed view. (I thought "I'll Build a Stairway to Paradise" suffered the least from this.) But as a good introduction, it'll do, until we get really lucky and the PBS NYCB broadcast of October 1983 turns up. And what's that at the end about Symphony in Three Movements?

#4 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

And what's that at the end about Symphony in Three Movements?

I noticed that too - I was feeling hopeful that there would be a video of Symphony in Three Movements as well on YouTube. Having missed the SF Ballet's performances of that ballet this season, I thought maybe I would get a consolation prize. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):