This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

DENIS MATVIENKO & David Hallberg

I purchased tickets to Le Corsaire for June 8th at ABT, and originally Hallberg was scheduled to perform. But now I see Matvienko listed. Does anyone know why Hallberg was taken off the schedule? He's still performing other parts this season with ABT.

Anyway, any recommendations for switching to another performance of Le Corsaire versus sticking with Matvienko? I don't know anything about him. Thanks, Paris.

It looks like Matvienko is doing Conrad, not Ali, at ABT. Nevertheless, I'm sure he will give an exciting performance. Gomes is doing Ali, which I think is a bit of miscasting because Gomes is not a bravura jumper or spinner.

Does anyone know why Hallberg was taken off the schedule? He's still performing other parts this season with ABT.

He had been scheduled to do two Don Quixotes - May 27 (now replaced by Stearns) and May 29-eve (replaced by Matvienko). When those changes appeared on the ABT site, there was some discussion here about his very heavy performing schedule and recent injuries perhaps explaining his dialing back somewhat on commitments.