This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Self-Proclaimed Ballet Fans in Other Arts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,408 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

The Royal Opera House had an "Ask Joyce" feature, in which members of the public tweeted questions for visiting artist Joyce DiDonato, and she tweeted back the answers using the @RoyalOperaHouse account. The Q&A's are compiled here. Once exchange was:

• Ariadne Sofia auf Naxos [Facebook]: Do you have time to see other operas on your time off? What are you excited to see?

Posted Image
Royal Opera House@RoyalOperaHouse
Joyce: I saw Don Carlos here and it was wonderful. I go to everything I can in Santa Fe. Here, the ballet too. #AskJoyce
6 hours ago
ReplyRetweetFavorite

As if I didn't need another reason to love JDD.

#2 SandyMcKean

SandyMcKean

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

Here's the one I like. I feel this way too and thought myself weird. I'm glad I have company Posted Image.
----------------------------------------------

Q: Handel or Mozart? Why?

Joyce: This is a Sophie's choice question. But at the end of the day, Handel. I'm sorry Wolfgang - that's an evil question!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):