• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Casting has finally been announced for Le Corsaire...still not word on what the mixed bill program is let alone casting. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Jul 11
Mixed Programme
TBA

Jul 12 Le Corsaire
X. Reyes
H. Cornejo
S. Lane
D. Simkin
M. Ilyin

Jul 13
2:00 pm
G. Murphy
M. Gomes
Y. Kajiya
J. Matthews
L. Ribagorda

7:30 PM
V. Part
C. Stearns
I. Boylston
R. Doble
A. Scott

Jul 14

P. Herrera
I. Vasiliev
S. Abrera
S. Radetsky
C. Salstein

#2 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

Casting has finally been announced for Le Corsaire...still not word on what the mixed bill program is let alone casting. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Jul 11
Mixed Programme
TBA

Jul 12 Le Corsaire
X. Reyes
H. Cornejo
S. Lane
D. Simkin
M. Ilyin

Jul 13
2:00 pm
G. Murphy
M. Gomes
Y. Kajiya
J. Matthews
L. Ribagorda

7:30 PM
V. Part
C. Stearns
I. Boylston
R. Doble
A. Scott

Jul 14

P. Herrera
I. Vasiliev
S. Abrera
S. Radetsky
C. Salstein

Is J Matthews dancing Ali on July 13 ? That would be a debut for him?

#3 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

I think that the fourth listed name may be Lankadem, not Ali.

On a separate note, I'm glad to see that Ivan is being integrated into the ABT roster and dancing with Herrera.

#4 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

I think that the fourth listed name may be Lankadem, not Ali.

On a separate note, I'm glad to see that Ivan is being integrated into the ABT roster and dancing with Herrera.

You're right. I could not imagine him dancing Ali.

#5 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

Alright we finally got the mixed bill listing! No casts though (of course).

APOLLO
Choreography by GEORGE BALANCHINE*
Music by IGOR STRAVINSKY ("Apollon Musagéte")
* © The George Balanchine Trust
The performance of Apollo, a Balanchine® Ballet, is presented by arrangement with The George Balanchine Trust and has been produced in accordance with the Balanchine Style® and Balanchine Technique® Services standards established and provided by the Trust.
CHAMBER SYMPHONY
Choreography by ALEXEI RATMANSKY
Music by DMITRI SHOSTAKOVICH ("Chamber Symphony Op. 110a")
SYMPHONY IN C
Music by GEORGES BIZET
* © School of American Ballet, Inc.
The performance of Symphony in C, a Balanchine® Ballet, is presented by arrangement with The George Balanchine Trust and has been produced in accordance with the Balanchine Style® and Balanchine Technique® Services standards established and provided by the Trust.

#6 vipa

vipa

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

Alright we finally got the mixed bill listing! No casts though (of course).

APOLLO
Music by IGOR STRAVINSKY ("Apollon Musagéte")
* © The George Balanchine Trust
The performance of Apollo, a Balanchine® Ballet, is presented by arrangement with The George Balanchine Trust and has been produced in accordance with the Balanchine Style® and Balanchine Technique® Services standards established and provided by the Trust.
CHAMBER SYMPHONY
Choreography by ALEXEI RATMANSKY
Music by DMITRI SHOSTAKOVICH ("Chamber Symphony Op. 110a")
SYMPHONY IN C
Music by GEORGES BIZET
* © School of American Ballet, Inc.
The performance of Symphony in C, a Balanchine® Ballet, is presented by arrangement with The George Balanchine Trust and has been produced in accordance with the Balanchine Style® and Balanchine Technique® Services standards established and provided by the Trust.

Apollo - That's kind of out of nowhere isn't it? Sure can't be getting much rehearsal time.

#7 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

I thought so too...They were supposed to bring Apollo the year the Firebird premiered in SoCal and it got yanked at the last minute, so we'll see. I was really hoping for A Month, but I'm guessing neither Seo nor Kent are making the trip.

#8 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

Why wouldn't Hee Seo or Kent make the trip? They were cast in Chamber Symphony (though in different casts). Also, I'm assuming that Hee Seo may be given a role as one of the Muses in Apollo. (I think Seo was Polyphemnia during the last ABT run of Apollo.) I'm pretty sure that ABT performed Apollo either last season or the season before. The three Apollos were Gomes, Hallberg and Beletserkovsky.

#9 naomikage

naomikage

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

Why wouldn't Hee Seo or Kent make the trip? They were cast in Chamber Symphony (though in different casts). Also, I'm assuming that Hee Seo may be given a role as one of the Muses in Apollo. (I think Seo was Polyphemnia during the last ABT run of Apollo.) I'm pretty sure that ABT performed Apollo either last season or the season before. The three Apollos were Gomes, Hallberg and Beletserkovsky.

The answer is, Hee Seo and Roberto Bolle are guesting in Universal Ballet (Korea)'s Onegin on July 7th and 8th
http://www.universal...nth=07&cSort=79

#10 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Casting for the mix programme:

Apollo
M. Gomes
P. Herrera
M. Hamrick
D. Teuscher

Chamber Symphony
J. Whiteside
I. Boylston
Y. Kajiya
J. Kent

Symphony in C
S. Abrera
E. Tamm
V. Part
C. Stearns
Y. Kajiya
D. Simkin
S. Lane
S. Radetsky

Updated Le Corsaire casting:

July 12

X. Reyes
H. Cornejo
S. Lane
D. Simkin
I. Vasiliev
M. Ilyin

July 13 2pm

G. Murphy
M. Gomes
Y. Kajiya
J. Matthews
D. Simkin
L. Ribagorda

July 13 8pm

V. Part
C. Stearns
I. Boylston
R. Doble
J. Whiteside
A. Scott

July 14

P. Herrera
I. Vasiliev
S. Abrera
S. Radetsky
H. Cornejo
C. Salstein

#11 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

Casting changes due to Stearns' injury.  Forster is replacing Stearns in Symphony in C.  Due to a lack of  a tall partner (apparently), they have removed Part from the Corsaire casting.  Herrera and Vasileiv move into the July 13 evening and Reyes Cornejo move into the July 14 cast as Medora and Conrad.  Joe Phillips replaces Cornejo as Ali.

It's interesting that ABT went out of its way to find a short partner for Cornejo for his SL and SB performances, but instead of finding a tall partner for Part in Corsaire, they dropped her from Corsaire and gave her performance to someone else. 

#12 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Casting changes due to Stearns' injury.  Forster is replacing Stearns in Symphony in C.  Due to a lack of  a tall partner (apparently), they have removed Part from the Corsaire casting.  Herrera and Vasileiv move into the July 13 evening and Reyes Cornejo move into the July 14 cast as Medora and Conrad.  Joe Phillips replaces Cornejo as Ali.

It's interesting that ABT went out of its way to find a short partner for Cornejo for his SL and SB performances, but instead of finding a tall partner for Part in Corsaire, they dropped her from Corsaire and gave her performance to someone else. 

Once again, abatt, it's unconscionable.  :-)

#13 nanushka

nanushka

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

Once again, abatt, it's unconscionable.  :-)

I completely agree.  This is terrible news.

#14 vipa

vipa

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

I think the circumstances might have differences.   Cornejo was at the Met.  I don't think they bring in guests much, if at all for out of NYC performances.  Also they were trying to replace Cojocaru who was a guest star, so I think they wanted another guest.  This is not a comment on Part's dancing or value, just that there are differences in the situation.  

#15 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

I think the circumstances might have differences.   Cornejo was at the Met.  I don't think they bring in guests much, if at all for out of NYC performances.  Also they were trying to replace Cojocaru who was a guest star, so I think they wanted another guest.  This is not a comment on Part's dancing or value, just that there are differences in the situation.  

True, they don't often bring guests in for out of town performances, but that wasn't their only option. There is this guy named Gomes...not to mention Tamm, Forster - or even Whiteside who could have subbed for Stearns.

Its very disappointing to see Part pulled from Corsaire but at least there is some good news in the Symphony in C casting. I'm THRILLED to see Forster being given a chance here. Merde to him and I'm hoping for some reports from LA!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):