Summer 2014 DC tour: Giselle (Grigorovich)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

No Obraztsova?

Just my thought. mad.gif

#17 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:43 AM

No Obraztsova?

Just my thought. mad.gif

Hmmm... lets think about this.  One of the greatest Giselles of our generation is not performing in DC while 4 hours away in NY Vishneva, Part & Cojocaru are all appearing in Bayadere that weekend. Where do you think I will be? And a Jewels on Sunday is the cherry on top of my ice cream sundae! So glad the Bolshoi didn't force me to make tough choices.

#18 Buddy

Buddy

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

According to the Kennedy Center's own website, opening night is to be danced by someone called Svetlana Makharova [sic]!

I believe that Makharova is her Celtic name.  flowers.gif  

#19 Rick

Rick

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

Would anyone care to suggest the best cast(s) for Giselle? I'm unfamiliar with all of the dancers. Thanks.

#20 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

Go see David Hallberg, he's one the great Albrechts. 

#21 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:56 AM

This being the Bolshoi, we can't be sure these dancers will actually appear as advertised. If changes owing to injuries are sometimes unavoidable, other changes can be more difficult to explain. For what it's worth, Ekaterina Krysanova has withdrawn from her next two performances at the Bolshoi, but this isn't necessarily a predictor of her physical condition 5-6 weeks from now.

I don't know what sort of things you look for in dancers, but based on a performance of Swan Lake I saw them give last summer, my vote goes to Krysanova and Ruslan Skvortsov, who are suited to each other in their seriousness, sincerity, lack of showboating and excess, and also speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):