This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Isaac Hernandez Despertares Galas in August in Mexico

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,349 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

Isaac Hernandez, formerly with San Francisco Ballet and now a member of Dutch National Ballet, is producing a gala called "Desperatres" that will be presented twice in Mexico, on August 13 and August 26. DNB posted a link to the gala poster for the August 13 performance, which includes the URL to the gala website.

This is a link to the website:
http://www.despertaresisaac.com/

(Warning, it takes a while to load and uses lots of bells and whistles, and, eventually, there's a blast of audio.)

Currently, 20 selections are planned, danced by the following roster (as of today), subject to change:

saac Hernández · Het Nationale Ballet
Esteban Hernández · San Francisco Ballet
Jurgita Dronina · Het Nationale Ballet

Gonzalo Garcia · New York City Ballet
Tyler Peck · New York City Ballet

Vadim Muntagirov · English National Ballet
Daria Klimentova · English National Ballet
Victoria Ananyan · Het Nationale Ballet
Anton Korsokov · Mariinsky
Maria Kotchetkova · San Francisco Ballet
Steven McRae · Royal Ballet Londres

Misty Copeland · American Ballet Theater
Marcelo Gomes · American Ballet Theater
Denys Cherevychko · Vienna Staatsoper Ballet
Maria Yakovleva · Vienna Staatsoper Ballet

Emmanuel Tibo · Opera de Paris

Works by the following choreographers are planned:

Hans Van Manen

Balanchine
Marcelo Gomes

MacMillan
Alberto Alonso

Stephane Thoss
Moses Pendleton
William Forsythe

#2 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Isaac Hernandez, formerly with San Francisco Ballet and now a member of Dutch National Ballet, is producing a gala called "Desperatres" that will be presented twice in Mexico, on August 13 and August 26.....[/size][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Currently, 20 selections are planned, danced by the following roster (as of today), subject to change:[/size][/font]
<snip>
Esteban Hernández · San Francisco Ballet

??? I believe this is Isaac's brother. Is this a peek into the future?

#3 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,349 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Yes, it is -- written on the website is "De forma muy emotiva, su hermano Esteban Hernández se presentará en el evento recién graduado de la Royal Ballet School de Londres, siendo el primer mexicano en lograrlo," which, according to bing translator, means, "In a very emotional way, his brother Esteban Hernández will present at the event, recent graduate of the Royal Ballet School in London, being the first Mexican to do so."

I so wish I could go: it looks like a wonderful line-up, and the food in Mexico City is phenomenal.

#4 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Actually, I was curious about "[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Esteban Hernández · San Francisco Ballet". He's not on the current roster.[/size][/font]

#5 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,349 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

Thanks to the heads up from Lynette H, we now have official confirmation that Esteban Hernandez is joining San Francisco Ballet:

http://balletalert.i...e-2#entry323555

#6 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

Thanks to the heads up from Lynette H, we now have official confirmation that Esteban Hernandez is joining San Francisco Ballet:

http://balletalert.i...e-2#entry323555

Good news for SFB.  If he has anything like his brother's talent, he'll be quite an asset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):