This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I don't know if anyone else has watched this 3-part series (so far), but I'm recommending it:

http://tv.nytimes.com/2013/04/20/arts/television/the-bletchley-circle-on-pbs.html

Four women who were code-breakers at Bletchley Park during WWII get together again to solve a murder mystery. I enjoy reading about the British code-breakers of the War, so this was good fun for me. The series delves into the changing roles of women during and after WWII.

I've been hearing a lot about this lately. I need to track it down.

It's better than "Mr. Selfridge". ;)

Though to be fair, it's a completely different kind of show - simpler and more subtle. Selfridge should have been a great show, given the subject matter and point in history, but alas, no.

I've been hearing a lot about this lately. I need to track it down.

It's better than "Mr. Selfridge". ;)

Though to be fair, it's a completely different kind of show - simpler and more subtle. Selfridge should have been a great show, given the subject matter and point in history, but alas, no.

Agreed. The simplicity of "The Bletchley Circle is what makes it so compelling. "Mr. Selfridge" has so much going on it becomes confusing at times. Cluttered. Like shopping at a Filene's Basement sale. But the hats worn by the female actors are all splendid!