This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Anna Pavlova appears as character on "Mr. Selfridge"

"Mr. Selfridge", the series currently running on Masterpiece Theatre on PBS stations (Sunday nights) announces the following plotline for April 14 (Episode 3): "Anna Pavlova causes a sensation at the store". Pavlova is played by Natalia Kremen, formerly of the Stanislavsky Ballet and English National Ballet (more info about her here).

"Mr. Selfridge", the series currently running on Masterpiece Theatre on PBS stations (Sunday nights) announces the following plotline for April 14 (Episode 3): "Anna Pavlova causes a sensation at the store". Pavlova is played by Natalia Kremen, formerly of the Stanislavsky Ballet and English National Ballet (more info about her here).

Thanks for that information, KB - I will be watching! And watching the Mad Men premiere too. Too bad they haven't worked Balanchine/NYCB into those plots yet. ;)

Thanks for that information, KB - I will be watching! And watching the Mad Men premiere too. Too bad they haven't worked Balanchine/NYCB into those plots yet. ;)

although you must have noticed that when Don Draper had a fling with his kids' elementary school teacher, her name was Suzanne Farrell....

I've posted pics and more links about the Pavlova Selfridge episode to my blog: http://toursenlair.blogspot.ca/2013/04/anna-pavlova-appears-as-character-on-mr.html

although you must have noticed that when Don Draper had a fling with his kids' elementary school teacher, her name was Suzanne Farrell....

Ah yes, I do remember that now, but had forgotten amongst all the death and destruction of the valley of death (Madison Ave.)!

Bringing Frank O'Hara's writing into MM was a great touch, and impressed me, but so far, no ballet for Sally Draper or anyone else. It's a shame because there are so many crazy stories from that world to touch on.

Selfridge has been an enjoyable show, but a bit too chaotic, rushed, and surface level in its commentary to be a really great program (IMO).

I agree with you about Selfridge and in fact had decided to give up on it till I saw the Pavlova plot twist.

In a world of cop, lawyer and forensic autopsy shows, Selfridge still needs to be supported. The IDEA of a show like that needs to be supported. ;)

I only watched the first 2 episodes and was bored rigid! I just happened to be flicking between channels when I saw the Pavlova bit.

The BBC has done some tremendous dramas over the last couple of years that are only shown on daytime TV. Three examples are Land Girls, WPC 56 and the truly sublime Indian Doctor. Do watch them if you ever get the chance!