This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Anybody know the recipe for Patricia McBride's Hot dog salad?

Patricia McBride's Frankfurter Salad

SALAD

10 uncooked frankfurters, diced

½ head lettuce, in bite size pieces

1 onion, chopped

DRESSING

2 tbs. mayonnaise

1/3 cup vinegar

¾ cup oil

½ tsp. sugar

Salt and pepper to taste

Place frankfurters, lettuce, and onion in salad bowl; toss well.

Combine vinegar with mayonnaise until smooth; add oil gradually, beating with fork.

Mix in sugar, salt and pepper to taste.

Pour dressing over the salad and toss until well combined.

Serves 4-5.

Paul, I don't "like" that hot dog recipe at all! I agree with Helene - yuck! smile.png I simply replied to your query.

Although I've read a lot of the cook book, intently imagining preparing its recipes for decades, and despite the fact that I own more than 20 copies of it, I have never cooked anything from it. I do cook every day and even run an Estonian cooking group, but my list of dishes is pretty routine. I'm constantly clipping recipes from newspapers and magazines and printing out recipes from the internet, and have fully intended to cook something from Le Clercq's book, but wonder if I ever will? smile.png

Here is a delightful blog entry, with photos of the food and assemblage (plus a video of Le Clercq and Jacques d'Amboise dancing Western Symphony), about one dinner arranged by "The Ballet Cook Book Dinner Series", which meets to cook and eat the recipes from LeClercq's book.

http://rpwenzel.com/...quil-le-clercq/