• 1,030 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649

#2 jsmu

jsmu

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

This is one of the four or five essential ballet books--brilliant start to finish, with photos alone worth the price.

#3 Cliff

Cliff

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

Any chance it will be reprinted?

#4 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

from what's been said in unofficial response to the question above, REP & REV will likely not be reprinted due to the many complications that would arise regarding the reacquisition of rights to the published materials used in the text, and even more, to the many photos.

#5 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

Any chance it will be reprinted?

I'd like to see it revised and updated through 1983, to include the last few years of Balanchine's life, including the Baryshnikov performances. But that's dreaming, I think. I haven't heard of any plans.

For those looking for a cheap used copy, do check out Amazon's listings. Several are available for under $10 including shipping. I've had good experiences ordering via Amazon for used books (and don't forget to start with the Amazon box on this site): http://www.amazon.co...64130311&sr=8-1

#6 jsmu

jsmu

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

Amen, California. I have always regretted that Reynolds didn't wait a few more years and include ALL of Balanchine's life, sigh. I'm afraid such a magnum opus, with such godawful legal complications now
and so many remarkable and rare photos, would *never* be reprinted, revised, etc. You would need a dance historian of Reynolds' caliber with exhaustive knowledge of NYCB, for starters.
Such a book was rare then; given what publishing now is, it is beyond impossible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):