This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Ksenia Ovsyanick

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cycological

cycological

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

how is she not a higher grade, she is an amazing dancer(to me anyway), well reviewed , big roles yet no promotion. What am I missing?

#2 Mashinka

Mashinka

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

Good question: maybe it's because her mentor Wayne Eagling is no longer around and..... well, you know the rest.

#3 Bella12

Bella12

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

In his penultimate season (2010/11) Wayne Eagling promoted a number of male dancers – but not a single girl. There were no promotions at all in the 2011/12 season. One can only speculate on the reasons for this. During the current season there has been only one promotion, that of Vadim Muntagirov to Lead Principal. It is surely time to promote some of the female Artists who have been dancing principal roles during the last few years. The two who come immediately to mind are, as cycological says, Ksenia Ovsyanick(who has danced Giselle and Aurora and who created the Firebird in George Williamson’s Firebird) but also Shiori Kase who has recently shone in the ballerina role of Etudes. Both of these dancers are currently mere Artists of the Company.

#4 fadedhour

fadedhour

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

She's just been promoted, along with several others (including Kase).

#5 Margit

Margit

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

17 and 19 Oct., Le Corsaire  in Milton Keynes Theatre,  Ksenia as Medora. Who watched? I only could read

http://www.groupleis...iew-Le-Corsaire

She was  fantastic. 

#6 Mashinka

Mashinka

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

Ksenia Ovsyanick had to replace Daria Klimentova at very short notice and if she was less than perfect it was hardly surprising.  On the plus side she looked very good alongside Muntagirov and they made a promising pairing physically.  When she feels more secure in the role and loses her nerves, she should be good.  I like her very much by the way and was very pleased to have the unexpected chance to see her as Medora as she is a young dancer with a very bright future ahead if all goes well.

#7 Margit

Margit

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

Mashika,

Thanks a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):