#1 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

Sarah Crompton reviews the Royal Ballet in "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland."

http://www.telegraph...let-review.html

It looked good on its premiere; now it looks great. Wheeldon last year altered the structure, turning two acts into three and so allowing its characterisation to develop and breathe. It still fairly zings along but now there is time to appreciate Alice’s lovely encounters with the dissolving Cheshire Cat, the gyrating Caterpillar, the enraged Duchess and — above all — the deranged Red Queen.

#2 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

A shout out to Richmond Ballet on the op-ed page of the Times-Dispatch.

.....As I joined them and the rest of the audience in a standing ovation at the end of Richmond Ballet’s performance, I realized that the Ballet not only enriches the lives of Virginians through the art of dance but also helps to ensure that Richmond has a vibrant cultural community. Richmond Ballet makes our city and state a dynamic and creative place to live and work, which in turn attracts business interest in our region and talent to our workforce. That night, Richmond Ballet shone in front of an international audience, and we are fortunate to have that light reflecting on Richmond and the commonwealth. I know my guests were impressed, and I am pleased to report that last week ITL announced that it was opening its first U.S. operation in Greater Richmond’s Hanover County. Bravo, Richmond Ballet, and thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):