This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

No, it was not Wheeldon's choreography. The choreographer for this production was Warren Carlyle, who has choreographed a number of Broadway shows.

There's youtube footage of Carlyle with Tiler Peck and Robert Fairchild that was part of the promotion for the concert:

Finally got around to watching the concert and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Rodgers music sounded glorious with the Philharmonic.

Was very impressed with Jason Danieley and Jessie Mueller as Enoch and Carrie. To me, they were the highlight of the concert. Danieley has come a long way from being the golden-voiced, but rather wooden performer he was starting out, and Mueller justifies her hype as a star-in-the-making. The rapport between them was delightful.

Tiler Peck and Robert Fairchild were the other highlight of the evening for me. Since I don't live in NY anymore, I hadn't 't had the opportunity to see them dance before, and now I will have to seek them out when I'm there. True luxury casting to have them dancing Louise and the Fairground Boy!

Nathan Gunn sounded lovely, but I found him to be a very blah Billy. I wasn't very enthusiastic about Michael Hayden's performance as Billy in the Nicholas Hytner production at the time because of his relatively weak vocals, but as time has gone on, I've appreciated the quality and subtlety of his acting more and more.

I was very glad to see Kelli O'Hara as Julie. I completely appreciate her desire to stretch and grow as a performer, and I completely appreciate that people must love to work with her because she is hired all the time, but I've found her cast in far too many roles which I don't think really suit either her or her voice. I don't think she's really a very naturally funny performer (Nice Work if You Can Get It, Bells are Ringing) nor does she have a true belt (The Pajama Game). This kind of Rodgers and Hammerstein blonde soprano part is really where I feel her wheelhouse is, and she was wonderful in it.