POB 2013-2014 season

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 RSSS

RSSS

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

I've just received an email from the company indicating that the 2013-2014 season will be announced on February 27.

#2 hydraulix

hydraulix

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

I think we can already include Manon and La Dame aux Camelias (farewell performance for Aurélie Dupont and Agnès Letestu)

#3 silvermash

silvermash

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

I think we can already include Manon and La Dame aux Camelias (farewell performance for Aurélie Dupont and Agnès Letestu)

Manon should be the season after (2014-2015), farewells this season are Agnès Letestu, Isabelle Ciaravola (Onegin) and Nicolas Le Riche (Notre-Dame de Paris)

#4 hydraulix

hydraulix

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Thank you very much Silvermash. I hope when the time comes, you could shed some light of the casting list and when they will perform. Especially for Agnès Letestu: my ultimate goal is to see her one more time during her farewell performance. Surprised about Ciaravola; I always thought she was somewhere in her early 30s. Her retirement happens so soon, to me it feels like she just got recently promoted to étoile (2009 doesn't sound so long ago).

#5 silvermash

silvermash

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

Casting is always late with POB but usually farewell performance is known early. One can also suppose Agnès Letestu will Premiere the ballet especially since she said she will dance with Stéphane Bullion.
Her next appearances this season should be in Neumeier's Third symphony of Gustav Mahler and Lacotte's La Sylphide in Paris and she will go on tour in Japan to dance in the Children of Paradise in May.
She will also dance Nikiya in an excerpt of Bayadère with Stéphane Bullion to end the Tribute to Nureyev at the beginning of next month.

#6 silvermash

silvermash

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

the new season is online
http://www.operadepa...3_2014/Ballets/

Farewells announced :
Agnès Letestu October 10, 2013 Lady of the camellias
Isabelle Ciaravola, March 5, 2014 Onegin
Nicolas Le Riche, July 9, 2014 during a Gala evening.

#7 kbarber

kbarber

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:40 AM

I am rather surprised to see Agnes de Mille's Fall River Legend revived. I saw this ballet about LIzzie Borden quite a bit when performed by the Royal Winnipeg Ballet in the 70s (I was only 10!). Has anyone else performed it recently?

#8 silvermash

silvermash

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

I am rather surprised to see Agnes de Mille's Fall River Legend revived. I saw this ballet about LIzzie Borden quite a bit when performed by the Royal Winnipeg Ballet in the 70s (I was only 10!). Has anyone else performed it recently?

It entered POB repertoire in 1996. It seems it's the only season it was danced...

#9 Cygnet

Cygnet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

Thanks Silvermash for posting POB's new season Posted Image .

#10 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

ABT does it occasionally; or did, rather, when they were doing longer Fall seasons. I hope we can get a film out of it with POB doing it

#11 hydraulix

hydraulix

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Silvermash: thank you so much for posting the new season and especially the exact farewell dates. So October 10th it is to see Agnès Letestu for the final time. My goal is to score a ticket.

#12 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Now I'm really looking forward to the Defile at the Garnier in April, which is likely to be the last one to feature all of the great retiring etoiles.

#13 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

I think the the pairings of like choreographers together is an interesting approach (if Ratmansky & Robbins can be considered both theatrical, and Cullberg & the DeMille can be considered both psychological?). Usually split bills try for a mix rather than similarity, don't they? Or am I over simplifying again?

#14 silvermash

silvermash

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

I think the the pairings of like choreographers together is an interesting approach (if Ratmansky & Robbins can be considered both theatrical, and Cullberg & the DeMille can be considered both psychological?). Usually split bills try for a mix rather than similarity, don't they? Or am I over simplifying again?

Really? I always thought it was the opposite and POB always tries to link, at least intellectually, the ballets in mixed bills. I remember quite a few times it was obvious it wasn't and huge complaints came from the audience... I have in mind a Balanchine/Noureev/ Forysthe bill or last year Robbins/Ek... Anyway, Psyche has little to do with Dances at a gathering I think.

#15 Mashinka

Mashinka

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

Anyway, Psyche has little to do with Dances at a gathering I think.

I thought what linked them might be that they are of a similar length

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):