This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Hello to fellow ballet fans!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vicx

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

I've fallen in love again with the Marinsky after seeing Swan Lake with Kondaurova twice in Berkeley recently. The videos and discussion threads on Ballet Alert are wonderful. Thank you!

#2 carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

You'll find many, many fans of both the Mariinsky and "Big Red" here, Vicx.

The Bay area has such an active dance scene. I hope you'll share some thoughts on other performances you see.

Welcome to BalletAlert!Posted Image

#3 KarenAG

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Hey, Vicx! Welcome to Ballet Alert and enjoy the posts. There are many delightful threads about the Mariinsky and its dancers, past and present. I hope someday I can see the Mariinsky perform - last year I could have in NYC (I live in upstate NY) but I was committed to NYCB's summer performances at Saratoga Performing Arts during the same time period. When it rains, sometimes it pours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):