This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Hello to fellow ballet fans!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vicx

Vicx

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

I've fallen in love again with the Marinsky after seeing Swan Lake with Kondaurova twice in Berkeley recently. The videos and discussion threads on Ballet Alert are wonderful. Thank you!

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

You'll find many, many fans of both the Mariinsky and "Big Red" here, Vicx.

The Bay area has such an active dance scene. I hope you'll share some thoughts on other performances you see.

Welcome to BalletAlert!Posted Image

#3 AlbanyGirl

AlbanyGirl

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Hey, Vicx! Welcome to Ballet Alert and enjoy the posts. There are many delightful threads about the Mariinsky and its dancers, past and present. I hope someday I can see the Mariinsky perform - last year I could have in NYC (I live in upstate NY) but I was committed to NYCB's summer performances at Saratoga Performing Arts during the same time period. When it rains, sometimes it pours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):