This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

MCB meets the Heat

I don't think the dancer looks great next to the basketball player... The height of the player tends to dwarf the dancer. The interactions look a little canned, almost as the dancer stood in front of a cut out, not quite but almost. I don't get it, the appeal. They might have done better to crop the player, partial shot of player with full shot of dancer... as if the player were interested in the dancer instead of self promoting. Maybe lie the player down on the floor on his side and have the dancer leap high over him? Everything in the photos seem to make the dancer superficial. The player looks natural, the dancer interaction looks forced. I don't think the campaign works.

The behind the scenes video is way better than the resulting photos. I don't think the 'can you believe you were right next to those famous players?' moment (not a direct quote) did the ballet any favors.

I don't mean this as an argument, just food for thought. I tend to think the days of walking by and saying, "Oh, wow! Maybe I will get a ticket to that right now!" are over. I could be wrong. But I think most people look online for what is happening in their city or if they follow ballet or opera, they go repeatedly back to the websites and buy tickets or even get emails about it. Even if you have gone ONCE to something you get bombarded with that company's email announcements. I get notified about L.A. Opera and SF Opera quite often b/c I went to Ring Cycles out there. So if I lived in those cities I would know what is playing even without walking past.

I still do old school whenever I go. I never buy tickets in advance-(at least ever since I got out of Cuba). I have NEVER been in a sold out ballet performance anywhere I've been here, and so I just wait for my days off and right in the morning I decide where I want to go...say opera, ballet, concerts, etc. Actually when I went to see the non show performance of Vishneva/Osipova in Bayadere, I got to my hotel just an hour before that evening performance-(Seo/Muntagirov), and just took the subway and got to the MET right in time to buy an excellent discount ticket in orchestra, waaaaaaaaay cheaper than the Arsht Center. I was still wearing my ripped out traveling jeans. In Miami that would be a cute fantasy to dream about.

Yeah, but don't you already know (from online) what is playing and you simply decide at the last minute and drive over there and get a ticket at the last minute? I just don't think people walk by a theatre nowadays and get surprised and buy a ticket. I could be wrong.

Even if I lived in NY I would know from online sources what is playing. I would never walk past the Met and be surprised and decide to buy a ticket b/c I just saw a poster in front of the theatre.

I think most people are already looking online for things to do. I don't think most people walk by the Met and scream, "OMG! They are playing La Bayadere tonight! Let's buy a ticket and see it right now!" Maybe this happens, but I have my doubts. Maybe tourists who are totally out of it or on drugs might do this. I don't know.

I don't think the dancer looks great next to the basketball player... The height of the player tends to dwarf the dancer. The interactions look a little canned, almost as the dancer stood in front of a cut out, not quite but almost. I don't get it, the appeal. They might have done better to crop the player, partial shot of player with full shot of dancer... as if the player were interested in the dancer instead of self promoting. Maybe lie the player down on the floor on his side and have the dancer leap high over him? Everything in the photos seem to make the dancer superficial. The player looks natural, the dancer interaction looks forced. I don't think the campaign works.

The behind the scenes video is way better than the resulting photos. I don't think the 'can you believe you were right next to those famous players?' moment (not a direct quote) did the ballet any favors.

I wouldn't even know the dancers. When I taught Pilates we had the Bucs quarterback training there (and it was the year they won the Superbowl I believe) and I had no idea who he was. I found out later and still didn't care. LOL