cubanmiamiboy

What have we seen live onstage?-(XIX Cent. Ballet Poll)

Which of this ballets have we seen live?   43 members have voted

1. 1. What have we seen live...?

• Giselle
    • La Sylphide-(Bournonville)
    • La Sylphide-(Taglioni/Lacotte's recreation)
    • Grand Pas de Quatre-(Dolin's recreation)
    • La Fille Mal Gardee-(Nijinska/Balachova or any "after Gorsky/Petipa")
    • La Fille Mal Gardee-(Ashton's recreation)
    • Le Conservatoire-(Bournonville)
    • Nappoli-(Bournonville)
    • A Folk Tale-(Bournonville)
    • The Awakening of Flora-(Vikharev's recreation)
  2. 2. What have we seen live...?

• Don Quixote
    • La Bayadere
    • Raymonda
    • Coppelia
    • Le Corsaire
    • Sylvia-(Ashton's recreation)
    • The Nutcracker
    • Sleeping Beauty
    • Swan Lake-(Full Lenght)
    • Paquita-(Lacotte's Full Lenght recreation)
  3. 3. What have we seen live...?

• La Esmeralda-(Burlaka's or any other full lenght recreation)
    • Le Talisman-(Paul Chalmer's recreation)
    • The Pharaoh's daughter-(Lacotte's recreation)
    • Ondine-(Lacotte's recreation)
    • La Source-(Bart's recreation)
    • La Peri-(Malakhov's recreation)
    • The Magic Flute-(Peter Martins or Alonso's recreation)
    • La Kermesse in Bruges(Bournonville)
    • Les Millions d'Arlequin-(Alonso's/Lopukhov's/Balanchine's recreations)
    • None of these

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 posts in this topic

I was going to click on Grand pas de quatre, but Cristian told me Les Trockaderos does not count! LOL LOL

I was going to click on Grand pas de quatre, but Cristian told me Les Trockaderos does not count! LOL LOL

Well, it is just that their choreo, even as a tribute to Dolin's, certainly ommits a great deal of it, so I don't know...it doesn't sound as a good fit-(although i could be wrong...)

Sometimes the Trocks do a very straight performance of a landmark work, the humor coming strictly from the gender substitution, but I haven't seen their PdQ in a long time, so I'm not sure what they're up to right now. They'll be in Seattle later this spring, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing them.

A few words to thank you all for your contribution to this thread and your voting. My intention was to evaluate the degree of familiarity of BT'rs, whom I believe are pretty much representative of the most knowledge side of the audience, to the cornerstones of the art form. I had a few surprises, as which how few votes works like "Grand Pas de Quatre" or Nijinska's derivative of "Fille" got. Other works, like Bournonville's-(with the exception of "La Sylphide")-seem to be even less known for a majority-(me included...Sylphide is the only one I know, and the usual excerpts from Flower Festival), and some recreations, like "Ondine", "La Peri", "Le Talisman" or "La Source" seem to be even more tucked in in their urns. Then, I know there is a vast number of ballet lovers whom, as bart once wrote, basically see ballet as what Balanchine made of it, which I have come to realize is a whole world of its own, with a vast repertoire and a specific pathos and language.

Still, I'm happy to report "Giselle" ended up hand in hand with "The Nutcracker" and "Swan Lake"-(38 votes each)-closely followed by "Sleeping Beauty"-(37)-, "Coppelia"-(33)-and "La Bayadere"-(32).

Again, thank you all and Happy Ballet Viewing, and here are the winners! flowers.gifflowers.gifflowers.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ommhBSesnn4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsd0thqezQE

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead