This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

R&J Opening Night Mystery Announcement

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,329 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Posted by PNB to its Facebook page today,

Rumor alert - we just heard Peter Boal has a big announcement to making opening night of Roméo et Juliette. Any guesses what it might be?!

Tweeted by PNB:

Status update on opening night news: our PR-guy was instructed to invite MORE press people to report on the announcement.

I don't like surprises and refuse to "Like" unless I know what I'm liking.
sandik and Sandy McKean: please report ASAP on what happens Friday night Posted Image

#2 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

I haven't heard anything about this, but will certainly keep my ears open.

#3 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,329 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

I'd guessed that the two of you will be there on Friday. I can't believe it's almost February...

#4 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday...

#5 SandyMcKean

SandyMcKean

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

I'll be there opening night (and a bunch of other nights). What's the best way to report this announcement immediately? Tweeter comes to mind, but better would be to post to this thread I guess. Problem is that I've never attempted to run BA or Twitter on my iPhone. I guess I could set up my iPhone to be able to post to this thread. I'll work on that before Friday.

P.S. As to the announcement itself, my guess is that someone is coming back.

#6 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,329 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

If you do this at home before you get there, it will be easier.

Go to the Internet/Safari on your iPhone and search for Ballet Alert! or type in the site URL.

To use the mobile version,
Click the box in the upper right.
Click the "Sign In" button.
Sign in. The default is "Keep me signed in," but I don't know what makes a phone clear its cookies and not keep the info.
Scroll to "American Ballet Companies", and select. Do the same for the PNB sub-forum and thread.
Scroll to the bottom and click "Reply."

To use the "full" version, go to BA!
Scroll to the bottom and click "Full version."
Proceed as usual, starting with "Sign In" if needed, ie, the "Reply" button doesn't show.

You can bookmark the BA! Site on your iPhone:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ta38614

#7 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Well it must be good if they want a lot of press there? This is very interesting!

#8 SandyMcKean

SandyMcKean

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Thanks Helene!!

I'm all signed in on iPhone now (am doing this post on phone now). I'll post the announce to this thread Friday. .

#9 SandyMcKean

SandyMcKean

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

An email was just issued by PNB that contained the following sentence from Peter Boal:

"If you haven’t heard, I’ve got an announcement to make tomorrow night at the end of the show. If you aren’t in the house, you can find it on our website, facebook or twitter. It’s good news."

So that ought to end half the speculation Posted Image. Funny they are waiting until the end of the performance. Makes me think "promotion".

P.S. More good news attached to the email....Lesley Rausch and Jerome Tisserand will be the guests at the Q&A after their debut on 2/9 matinee; and even more exciting Noelani Pantastico and Lucien Postlewaite will be the dancer guests at the Q&A that evening after their much anticipated performance.

#10 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Makes me think "promotion".

You might indeed be right -- they've done mid-year promotions in the past, and that would be a nice way to start the second half of the season. Will go look at the roster and think about things...

#11 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,329 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

But why the call for more press? All of the local press should be there in any case.

#12 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

It's not the press they're really calling for (I didn't get a note) -- they're hoping to beat up excitement in the general audience.

#13 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,329 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

The I misunderstood PNB's tweet that said, "Status update on opening night news: our PR-guy was instructed to invite MORE press people to report on the announcement."

Usually promotion announcements are made before the show, not after. But that doesn't meant this will always be the way.

#14 SandyMcKean

SandyMcKean

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Jim Moore is principal!

#15 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,329 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Congratulations to him :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):