This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

From Tchaikovsky's opera "Undina"...

let me add my gratitude here too.

wonderful to have this.

incidentally, does anyone know if the text of the lyrics has been published anywhere? in Russian would be a start to getting it translated into English.

or has any Russian speaker taken time to note the text of the duet, even if only in general?

the last time some of us might have heard this was on June 4, 1981 for the gala benefit opening of NYCB's Balanchine-directed Tchaikovsky Festival.

let me add my gratitude here too.

wonderful to have this.

incidentally, does anyone know if the text of the lyrics has been published anywhere? in Russian would be a start to getting it translated into English.

or has any Russian speaker taken time to note the text of the duet, even if only in general?

the last time some of us might have heard this was on June 4, 1981 for the gala benefit opening of NYCB's Balanchine-directed Tchaikovsky Festival.

My pleasure, rg. Right now I'm in the process of trying to get me a recording that uses all of the surviving pieces from Undina, so I'll try to see if I can come across a translation. BTW...this fragment-(the duet)- may had been included in a gala offered at Carnegie Hall in 2008 by The Tchaikovsky Opera and the Ballet Theatre of Perm.

http://www.goldstar.com/events/new-york-ny/tchaikovsky-gala