Sergei Filin Attacked

• Please log in to reply
652 replies to this topic

#496 Ilya

Ilya

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

[font=Helvetica][size=3][size=4]Another sign that Tsiskaridze might be winning, and that the ground is perhaps being laid for him to seize power at the Bolshoi: the Bolshoi is being audited by the Accounts Chamber, http://izvestia.ru/n...#ixzz2O97NLX84.[/size][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][size=4]Another report from a labor union meeting, http://izvestia.ru/news/547101, and another gem:[/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3][size=4]

[/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3][size=4]Among other issues, the artists discussed how to avoid repeating the tragedy that happened with Sergey Filin.[/size][/size][/font]

[/size][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][size=4]I have a radical suggestion. To avoid such tragedies, why don't the Bolshoi artists refrain from hiring convicted killers to maim their upper management?[/size][/size][/font]

#497 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Who has bought the rights to this movie?

#498 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

I have a radical suggestion. To avoid such tragedies, why don't the Bolshoi artists refrain from hiring convicted killers to maim their upper management?

what a concept! (insert sarcastic smiley here)

#499 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Don't the viewers get to vote on reality TV? The artists seem to have taken a vote. I think we should get to vote too! Perhaps a poll for who is the most guilty looking candidate of the week... or most imaginative new plot twist... (apologies to Eric Morton who brought up the voting concept on facebook) [and to those to whom the turn of events is consistently cruel]

#500 Mashinka

Mashinka

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:40 AM

The Russian news reports that Tsiskaridze's flat has allegedly been broken into. Maybe someone who does not have to rely on Google translate can give better insight into what this short article reports:
http://news.mail.ru/...ail=1&social=fb

Someone is clearly getting desperate as I imagine this was to search from incriminating material to blackmail him with. Blackmail has proved effective at the Bolshoi before so why not again. Actually everything he says and does has always (for better or worse) been in the public domain, so no joy for the bad guys there I suspect.

#501 innopac

innopac

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

Politico calls for Bolshoi to “elect its leaders”. Ismene Brown Blog. 22 March 2013
http://www.ismeneb.c...ts_leaders.html

Main Ismene Brown Blog Page with previous articles including "Treasury auditors move in on Bolshoi spending". 21 March 2013.
http://www.ismeneb.c.../Blog/Blog.html

#502 Cygnet

Cygnet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Politico calls for Bolshoi to “elect its leaders”. Ismene Brown Blog. 22 March 2013
http://www.ismeneb.c...ts_leaders.html

Main Ismene Brown Blog Page with previous articles including "Treasury auditors move in on Bolshoi spending". 21 March 2013.
http://www.ismeneb.c.../Blog/Blog.html

Madame Kondratieva stated... what in Izvestia?

"Our leaders must stay the way they are, they are right for us. I think our artistic council can cope with all
the problems - everything's running normally; and soon everyone will be back in their usual seats."

With great respect to Kondratieva, after everything that's happened including the latest escalation/incident, IMO no - everything's not running normally and no they're not coping. Bless her for trying to put the best spin on it, but this has gone way beyond the realm of damage control. After all that has happened, status quo cannot be the end game. There must be a resolution. Sadly I think it's safe to say that it won't be amicable, and no one will be satisfied with the outcome. The Federation Treasury is conducting the audit. Forgive my skepticism but who is auditing the auditors? OMG what a bl**dy mess.

#503 Ilya

Ilya

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

[font=Helvetica][size=3][size=4]Not sure why the alleged attempted break-in to Tsiskaridze's apartment is being discussed here, as it is not part of the attacks on Sergey Filin. (At least not yet. I suspect that Mr. Tsiskaridze might soon be all over the airwaves claiming that Filin and Iksanov wanted to break into his apartment.) But since the original post on this incident was in this thread, I'll keep posting here.[/size][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][size=4]More on this: http://www.gazeta.ru...n_2811381.shtml[/size][/size][/font]

[/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3][size=4]A criminal investigation was started because of the statement of the Bolshoi principal dancer Nikolay Tsiskaridze regarding an attempt by unknown persons to get into his apartment, reports "Interfax" citing police sources.[/size][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][size=4]The agency's source said: "An investigation of this incident was started according to articles 30 and 158 of the Penal Code (attempted theft)."[/size][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][size=4]This incident became publicized a day earlier. After coming home to 3rd Frunzenskaya St, Tsiskaridze was unable to open the door because of a malfunction of the lock, and called service people who told him that the lock was likely damaged during a break-in attempt.[/size][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][size=4]During the inspection the police established that no trespassers entered the apartment during the owner's absence. Forensic experts took the locks from both doors for investigation.[/size][/size][/font]

[/size][/size][/font]

#504 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Thank you again Ilya for the translation.

#505 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

The conspiracy theories, in absence of more information from the police, are running rampant. I have a hard time keeping track of them. But I feel badly for Mr. Tsiskaridze that his apartment was burgled. I've had it happen, and the feeling of insecurity doesn't ever go away if you continue to live there.

#506 aurora

aurora

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

The conspiracy theories, in absence of more information from the police, are running rampant. I have a hard time keeping track of them. But I feel badly for Mr. Tsiskaridze that his apartment was burgled. I've had it happen, and the feeling of insecurity doesn't ever go away if you continue to live there.

But according to Ilya's translation, one of the few solid pieces of information we have is that he was NOT burlged.
And while it may have been true for you that you were forever after insecure in your home after being burgled, it is not a foregone conclusion.
My family's apartment was burgled when I was quite small (someone forced entry and robbed us at night, while we were at home) and after a few small security upgrades, amazingly, we all managed to live there quite happily, some to this day, without feeling insecure or scared.

We can feel relieved for him that his apartment wasn't entered, but maybe we should save the sympathy for those who were actually attacked.

#507 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

The death (suicide? murder?) in London of exiled magnate Boris Berezovsky has now taken over the #1 spot in 'Conspiracy and Scandal Stories' on Russian TV. A little respite for Tsiskaridze and the Bolshoi.

#508 Ilya

Ilya

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

A little respite for Tsiskaridze and the Bolshoi.

I would say a little respite from Tsiskaridze.

#509 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

Thank you, Ilya, I would have to agree.

#510 Mashinka

Mashinka

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

Out of interest, is it common practice to publish the address of victims of an attempted break-in in Russia? It certainly isn't in the UK, furthermore a compensation claim could be made for such a disclosure and the paper involved would probably be fined.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):