This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sergei Filin Attacked

In general, no, but due to common usage, sometimes they slip out as part of other writing. I can't tell you the number of times I wrote "ETA" and had to go back and change it to "Edited to add."

I do promise to make any post that reads, "R u going to SL?" invisible, unless it's from another kid in the Welcome thread that announces that she's here to learn about pointe shoes.

In general, no, but due to common usage, sometimes they slip out as part of other writing. I can't tell you the number of times I wrote "ETA" and had to go back and change it to "Edited to add."

I do promise to make any post that reads, "R u going to SL?" invisible, unless it's from another kid in the Welcome thread that announces that she's here to learn about pointe shoes.

How about DQ, PDD, SB, IMO, D&A, R&J, BT, BA, RB, LOL etc...? happy.png

A new interview with N. Tsiskaridze:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-21381513

"It's like being back in the days of Josef Stalin," Tsiskaridze tells me. "They're organising meetings against me, they're trying to force staff to sign letters condemning me - they tried that last week. But all the ballet teachers in the Bolshoi refused to sign it."

After last month's acid attack on the Bolshoi's artistic director Sergei Filin, Tsiskaridze says the management began "dropping hints" that he was somehow involved.

"They decided to use this as an excuse for a witch hunt," he tells me, "to get rid of all the people they don't like.

It is also reported that Filin has undergone another eye surgery in Germany:

http://english.ruvr....ery-in-Germany/

The Bolshoi Theatre’s artistic director Sergei Filin, who recently suffered an acid attack, has successfully undergone an eye surgery in Germany, a source close to Russia’s Healthcare ministry said Friday. Filin was operated on by a Russian and a German eye-surgeons.

I watched this interview on BBC Breakfast Show and again now using the links and noticed that it has been edited. Some scenes, including his rehearsal with the pupils, have been cut out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-21381513

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-21366542

I found the statement from the press person very interesting.

I also found something intresting in the official (!) press officer' statement. In response to Tsiskaridze’s claim that the management advised his pupils to go to another teacher she started her denial of it with the words: "What the rumours are saying..."

Well, that's a good point about whether or not acid was used in the attack. I would have expected Filin's face to have been severely burned if it was splashed with acid. Weak solution? Some other liquid?

I believe earlier reports suggested that much damage was prevented because he was able to immediately flush his face with snow that was piled on the ground, diluting some of the effects.

Well, that's a good point about whether or not acid was used in the attack. I would have expected Filin's face to have been severely burned if it was splashed with acid. Weak solution? Some other liquid?

I believe earlier reports suggested that much damage was prevented because he was able to immediately flush his face with snow that was piled on the ground, diluting some of the effects.

That makes good sense.

I've just had the chance to go through all the links which BA'rs have kindly posted here.

It seems that Mr. Tsiskaridze has concluded that the attack on Mr. Filin is really a sub-plot of the much more important conspiracy against ... himself.

I know that Tsiskaridze is a great dancer, but he certainly seems to be the employee-colleague from hell. He is protected by tenure for life -- seems obsessed by his own grievances -- believes that he can intervene in everything about which he disapproves -- is convinced that he is the only one who can straighten out what he describes as a dysfunctional and immoral institution -- and cannot avoid making extreme statements about just about everything.

He continues to dig his own grave, it seems to me. How odd that a performer who excels in an art that is essentially mute should have so little ability to keep his mouth shut.

I've just had the chance to go through all the links which BA'rs have kindly posted here.

It seems that Mr. Tsiskaridze has concluded that the attack on Mr. Filin is really a sub-plot of the much more important conspiracy against ... himself.

I know that Tsiskaridze is a great dancer, but he certainly seems to be the employee-colleague from hell. He is protected by tenure for life -- seems obsessed by his own grievances -- believes that he can intervene in everything about which he disapproves -- is convinced that he is the only one who can straighten out what he describes as a dysfunctional and immoral institution -- and cannot avoid making extreme statements about just about everything.

He continues to dig his own grave, it seems to me. How odd that a performer who excels in an art that is essentially mute should have so little ability to keep his mouth shut.

He does seem to have diarrhea of the mouth! I highly doubt - or at least I hope not - Mr. Tsiskaridze had anything to do with Mr. Filin horrible attack, but the man is not making himself a sympathetic figure in this terrible mess. He comes off arrogant, cocky and smug. Whether he realize it or not he's behavior is unattractive. Now I'm not saying he's wrong at what he's talking about...I have a strong feeling the management isn't all that clean with innocence themselves...I'm just saying Mr. Tsiskaridze isn't doing himself any favors.

I mean when making statements questioning whether or not Mr. Filin was actually attack with acid...I'm mean c'mon...WOW!! I get his desire to defend himself but he's coming off sounding cold and heartless.

Mr Tsiskaridze may indeed remember his chemistry lessons correctly. In our high school chemistry class we were told to never add water to sulfuric acid. About.com Chemistry says this:

Sulfuric acid (H2SO4) reacts very vigorously with water, in a highly exothermic reaction. If you add water to concentrated sulfuric acid, it can boil and spit and you may get a nasty acid burn.

From the NY Times yesterday:

http://www.nytimes.c...ncers.html?_r=0

The Bolshoi Ballet administration threatened to file a lawsuit against the dancer Nikolai Tsiskaridze on Friday, after he called for the theater’s top executives to be dismissed over its response to the Jan. 17 acid attack on the ballet’s artistic director, Sergei Filin....After three weeks of speculation about who might have targeted Mr. Filin, a longstanding feud between Mr. Tsiskaridze and the theater’s general director, Anatoly Iksanov, has become public, with each stating that the other should leave the Bolshoi for the good of the institution and to avoid further damage to its storied reputation.