This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I wondered where it was shot! Sure enough, the redoubtable NYPL catalog has it shot in Paris, though in 1957: "Filmed in Paris by Monitor Productions. Director of photography, Jacques Mercanton; editing, Joseph Tzipine." Well done, too. Yes, "wonderful," exactly the word! We don't see dancing like that anymore. Not on stage.

I wondered where it was shot! Sure enough, the redoubtable NYPL catalog has it shot in Paris, though in 1957: "Filmed in Paris by Monitor Productions. Director of photography, Jacques Mercanton; editing, Joseph Tzipine." Well done, too. Yes, "wonderful," exactly the word! We don't see dancing like that anymore. Not on stage.

How unfortunate regarding the date - don't we wish! The third movement is familiar to most but I didn't know that Diana Adams danced in "Allegro" and Melissa Hayden danced in "Adagio" - somehow I don't find Hayden as believable as the others in Western garb but I need to watch it again when I have the time.