This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

The Kirov Ballet goes 3D

http://newsru.ru/cin...2013/balet.html

Sorry, the article about Mariinsky gargantuan future plans is in Russian. As far as ballet is concerned, Mr. Gergiev has promised a lot of new DVDs, specifically naming Anna Karenina and Swan Lake in 3D that should arrive at the movie theaters around the world in 2015. No more details were provided.

I know they were planning to film Karenina with Vishneva (big mistake IMHO, but nobody has consulted me again happy.png ), but please, dear God, let the Swan Lake be with Kondaurova. I promise to be a good boy from now on, but please don't let them ruin this unique chance.

Happy New Year and my Best Wishes to everybody on this esteemed forum!

...I know they were planning to film Karenina with Vishneva (big mistake IMHO, but nobody has consulted me again happy.png ), but please, dear God, let the Swan Lake be with Kondaurova. I promise to be a good boy from now on, but please don't let them ruin this unique chance.
They plan to film Vishneva in the Lavrovsky "Romeo & Juliet," but that has yet to materialize. IMO Diana should be filmed in the MacMillan "R & J" @ ABT with Gomes, not the Lavrovsky production. I also vote for Kondaurova for

"Anna Karenina." Katya won the Golden Mask for her interpretation when neither Vishneva or Lopatkina were nominated - and she was third cast when it premiered. All three women were equally brilliant and totally different in their interpretations. The Mariinsky's Classe Politique will probably demand that the 3D Anna be one of the other two

women, not Katya. I suspect that seniority and name-fame will be the major factors in that decision.

I'm also ITA with you that the Mariinsky's first filmed "Swan Lake" in 7 years ought to be Kondaurova, (preferably) with Korsuntsev. The most current dvd is the 2006 live performance with Lopatkina and Korsuntsev with Gergiev conducting. However, what ought to be, and what the reality is in the Mariinsky Ballet do not correspond. Unless we're pleasantly surprised, (and I strongly believe that we won't be), we should expect Team Skoryk/Askerov for the 3D "Swan Lake."