This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Wendy Whelan docum on PBS: Moments of Grace

A one-hour PBS documentary on NYCB ballerina Wendy Whelan, titled Moments of Grace, premieres this Friday, Jan. 11, at 10PM EST. Info rec'vd via email from a Kentucky-based friend (thanks to him!); he's seen the ads on his local PBS affiliate in Kentucky. Wheeldon among those interviewed. The ad included clips from After the Rain and other ballets. I'm not sure when/if it will be airing elsewhere.

Description from WKET website:

http://www.ket.org/m...helan/about.htm

I couldn't find it in DC either. Perhaps if several of us 'blanket' the producing station (KET's) email address or phone, inquiring if it is to be shown elsewhere on the PBS network, they will write back to us and let us know. We could also write/call our own local stations' programming departments, making them aware of this film. It couldn't hurt. I think that Wendy's story is special, regardless of where she was born; she's an American National Treasure in America's top ballet company, in other words.

So the link to contact info for KET is as follows:

http://www.ket.org/contact/

From the above (selected information):

TV and Online Services

(859)258-7259 | viewerservices@ket.org

600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 • (859) 258-7000 • (800) 432-0951

I also plan to email the individual PBS stations in my current viewing area.

Emailed them and got this response. Perhaps if everyone contacts them they might make it more available.

Giannina

This is alocally produced program and will only be showing in Kentucky at this time. However, you can view it online after our first airdate which is this Friday at 10:00 PM. If all goes well (we do have some automation problems from time to time), it should be viewable online at ket.org (find it in our Watch Video section under Kentucky Muse) on Saturday. I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Debbie Britton

Traffic and Scheduling Manager, KET

Thanks for following up on this. I'm glad to know that they're posting this on their website after it airs. That's a great option for work that is generated locally, which might have trouble making all the connections for a national broadcaster.