• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#106 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

Sara Mearns just sent this on Twitter. Looks like she'll be out for the rest of the week:

sara mearns@nycbstar2b
Foot is feeling so much better. Put the pointe shoe on and it didnt reject it! Taking the rest of week to strength it.

#107 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

I have not seen Ashly Isaacs or Emily Kikta at all during this Winter Season. Nor are they cast in any roles for next week's SB. Are they injured, or have I just been missing them?

#108 liebs

liebs

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

I've seen Kikta a number of times in corps roles in the first couple of weeks.

#109 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

i recall seeing Kikta in Swan Lake (ensemble) and in IF mem. serves, TCHAIKOVSKY PIANO CONCERTO NO. 2 corps de ballet as well.

#110 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

You're right. My mistake. Kitka has been in some ballets this season, but not in any featured roles.

#111 ivanov

ivanov

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

Just an update on the "Society NYCB" (formerly the Fourth Ring Society)--I was able to get $17 tickets to all the performances of Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 2 (which I much enjoyed), however the Swan Lake program was not available, the man at the box office said all of last week was not available (not sure what the draw was there), and Sleeping Beauty is not available (I presume).

#112 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

Ivanov, do not presume that all of the Sleeping Beauty shows are not available for Society purchase. I think that certain dates may be available for Sleeping Beauty, while others may be blacked out and not available.

#113 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

Sara Mearns just sent this on Twitter. Looks like she'll be out for the rest of the week:

sara mearns@nycbstar2b
Foot is feeling so much better. Put the pointe shoe on and it didnt reject it! Taking the rest of week to strength it.

Bouder tweets that she is dancing the 4th Movoement in Western Symphony on Sat and Sun matinees. (Replacing Mearns on Sat matinee and Reichlin on Sun matinee). (Could this mean that Reichlin will be given 2nd movement in Symphony in C?! )

#114 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

What's going to happen on Sat. with a major snow blizzard 12" to 20" of snow forecasted in NYC? I exchanged my Sat. matinee ticket, I still have ticket for Sun. I hope I can make it.

#115 liebs

liebs

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

NYCB almost never cancels a performance - we'll see

#116 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

Right. NYCB never cancels due to snow. I already exchanged my tixs for tonight and Sat afternoon. I kept my Sun afternoon tix in the hope that things will be sufficiently improved by then for me to get to the show. Bouder in the 4th mvmt. of Western, plus Reichlin in 2nd mvmt in Sym in C is must see viewing. (Casting updated for the remainder of this week, as well as final week of SB, available on line.)

#117 RUKen

RUKen

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

What's going to happen on Sat. with a major snow blizzard 12" to 20" of snow forecasted in NYC?

A few years ago (2006), New York City received a record snowfall that began on Saturday, February 11th, and continued into the morning of February 12th--26.9 inches was measured in Central Park.. That Sunday, I went in with my wife and in-laws to see an NYCB matinee. The show went on, though they had to swap out one of the scheduled dances that required a cast of children who were unable to get to Lincoln Center. We set in the Fourth Ring, as always, with perhaps a couple dozen others. Even the orchestra section was nearly empty.

They will only cancel if the dancers (or perhaps the orchestra) can't make it.

#118 puppytreats

puppytreats

Gold Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

Do you suggest calling to exchange Sat. matinee tickets for Sunday at this point?

#119 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

Can you exchange NYCB tickets over the phone? My understanding is that you can't do that at ABT.

#120 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Absolutely stunning performance last night by Maria Kowroski in the adagio movement of Symphony in C. The entire program was terrific, except for one soloist in Symphony in Three Movements who needs some extensive work on holding her upper body. But Maria is in a class by herself. I can't help wondering why she hasn't made an international career, as she is obviously capable of dancing the classics and, IMHO, would have an international appeal. Perhaps she is loyal to her Balanchine roots--perhaps she feels protected from the international intrigues that go on when ballet dancers are playing "musical ballet companies," with someone always getting short shrift when the music stops. Anyway, if you can catch Maria in Symphony in C at the Saturday matinee, you're in for a treat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):