This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Happy 2013!!!!!

Helene

This post should straddle enough time zones for everyone from Japan and Australia to Hawaii:

Happy New Year and a Healthy and Prosperous 2013 to all Ballet Alertniks and their families and friends!

I'd like to extend my appreciation especially to dirac for dirac's work on Links and carbro for carbro's many hours managing BA registrations and "Contact Us" queries and guarding BA from spammers, most of this behind the scenes.

Links is a huge commitment and much work, and it is the most widely read feature on Ballet Alert! because of the quality and depth of dirac's findings. flowers.gif

Another treasure of the site is rg's photo collection, and his generosity in sharing these rare historic photos is very much appreciated.

My thanks also to Mme. Hermine, who does Sunday Links, and to the Moderating team for raising thought-provoking topics and keeping their eyes on the site.

We wouldn't be a discussion board without the contributions of our members, both on the site and through our fundraisers and amazon.com Links.

Here's to a great 2013!

And let me be the very first to extend your words. Since my registration, BT has been a wonderful place to come and engage in intelligent and wonderful discussions about the art we love, and I'm certainly very grateful to have that. I always tell my friends that it feels to me like a little apartment to which I can always come back and resume conversations with people continuously getting in and out, even after years having being initiated...

May 2013 brings to all of us and our loved ones health and inner and outer peace. Looking forward to an even better year of B.talkin'..! (And...this will be my Kirov/Mariinsky life-long waited pilgrimage, so let's see what do I "get"...FIREdevil.gif )

Oh yes - my first ballet event of 2013 (outside of watching DVDs from time to time, including Nutcracker once more today smilie_mondieu.gif ) will be on January 19 when we visit Lincoln Center for NYCB's matinee of Balanchine and Tschaikovsky, including Allegro Brillante! Can't wait!!

moving a bit off topic, this rare, to me, glimpse of Balanchine's TRUMPET CONCERTO (to Haydn, 1950, for Sadler's Wells Theatre Ballet) of which i know little, and in which David Vaughan tells me there was much saluting of which he had little admiration.

post-848-0-01675700-1357180725_thumb.jpg