This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Holding on to the Barre - Marie Christine Mouis

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

Although there is another topic somewhere on the Board about Marie-Christine, I'm posting this here as it is especially for Kickstarter/funding projects. Red Palette Pictures is producing a documentary about MC's life and her current struggle with a debilitating disease, as well as her enormous spirit. The link below should have, I think, two bits of film, one of the Director, Yelena Demikovsky, and another with some of the footage they've already shot. I should note that I have no connection to or interest (financial or legal) in this film, other than having seen her dance years ago and hoping that it is successful.

#2 Helene

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,747 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Thank you, Mme. Hermine. It definitely belongs here. Thank you for posting!

#3 Helene

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,747 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

The project made its target and amazon Payments started charging today :flowers:

#4 toeprints

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Thank you for posting this article. I always adored Marie Christine and made sure to see all her performances with Boston Ballet. How terribly tragic. Marie Christine was not only a beautiful, talented dancer, she had "presence." I pray she will recover soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):