The Best & Worst of 2012
Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:31 PM
1. Watching Angel Corella take class (NYCC March).
2. Seeing Barcelona Ballet's Swan Lake in Detroit (Mar/Apr)
3. Finally receiving a donation/ and encouragement that actually helped my film. THANKS ALWAYS to pnj.
4. (Sort of related) - Getting my passport renewed (silly me thought it expired on my birthday, not the night before) last-minute, last-person able to do so, in Detroit so I could attend the Toronto HotDocs conference the day after Barcelona Ballet's last Detroit perf. ) VERY MANY THANKS TO ALL KIND U.S. GOVT OFFICIALS in DET for doing that., and the U.S. Custom's official at the bridge/tunnel who didin't run me over when I thought standing in middle of the road/entrance would get his attention fast. (And finally being able to talk to NHK execs about my film once I got to Toronto.)
5. AC's final ABT perf. (June 28th). Though also sad.
6. Meeting Barcelona Ballet's Gen.Mgr. on the one and ONLY night I could attend ABT's perf at NYCC (Oct.) And seeing Moor's Pavane again after nearly 20++ years.
7. Being able to watch YouTube of performances I miss(ed) at the library when my computer dies--which is often these days.
1. (sort of related: Not noticing my passport had expired until the last minute.)
2. Not being able to physically work on my documentary film at all due to lack of funds. (ie. no shooting/editing. I was able to attend 2 film conferences and network/take notes.) Meanwhile 80hrs of beautiful HD footage just sits on my shelf.
3. Only having enough time/funds to see 2 ABT perfs, 2 NYCB perfs, 1 Boston Ballet in 2012. (What a comedown from previous years when I went to 4-6+ from each company, and a couple of times squeezed in the RDB, and RB.)
4. Having to listen to horrible pop music all day at work.
5. Waiting for the economy/job situation to improve, and governments/populaces to notice the arts deserve funding.
Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:09 PM
The one and only one HD broadcast from an American company I can remember was last year's Nutcracker from NYCB. And the most recent DVDs are SFB's Nut & Little Mermaid.
Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:18 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users
Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases: