This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Jillian Vanstone - National Ballet of Canada

Jillian is a principal dancer with the NBOC. She has recently started her own website:

http://www.jillianvanstone.com/

In her blog she recounts her recent recovery from a dislocated knee (ouch!) which she suffered back in July. I'm glad to report that she will return to the stage next week in the lead role in Wheeldon's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, for which she was first-cast Alice when the NBOC mounted its North American premiere last year.

Many thanks for the link! Vanstone was a knockout as Calliope in "Apollo" when NBoC performed on the gala program for the re-opening of Ballet British Columbia. She's from Vancouver Island, and I remember they also performed in Nanaimo and Victoria while they were here.

I remember seeing her rehearse La Sylphide in her graduating year at the National Ballet School and thinking "that girl's going places". Also very beautiful in pure classical roles: she sparkled as one of the solo Shades. One of those people who make you think she's happier standing on pointe than on flat feet!