#1 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,045 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Q&A with Pierre Lacotte.

I understand that the Harvard collection score of The Pharaoh's Daughter has 250 pages, which is a lot. You went through this and was it not good enough?

Not good enough. It is good for Sleeping Beauty, La Bayadère, and many other ballets, but for Daughter it was only good for [the balletmaster's] memory. There are a lot of notes, which I used, but choreographically it's not in detail. For instance it might say, she arrives on the right or she arrives on the left, or she is in the centre. What can you do with that?

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,045 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

A review of the Royal Ballet by Luke Jennings in The Observer.

In the allegro passages Scarlett presents a jewel-like array from which the eye picks out glimmering details: a sharp-cut balance by Olivia Cowley, or a perfectly threaded piqué turn by Yasmine Naghdi. It's a sophisticated work but compromised by unsubtle lighting and the costuming of the men. Outside of Planet Ballet, and certain south-east Asian beach bars, see-through blouses and micro-shorts are not a happening look.

#3 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,045 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

The Stuttgart Ballet performs "The Lady of the Camellias" in Beijing.

French star ballerina Sylvie Guillem is to dance on November 11 the same Dumas story on the same stage as Stuttgart Ballet does.

Both Guillem and Stuttgart Ballet are part of the NCPA international dance festival, which also features Italian modern dance company Aterballetto, New York City Ballet and Wayne McGregor/Random Dance.

#4 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,045 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

Q&A with Liam Scarlett.

So why leave the stage? "Moving from dance to choreography is solely based on the fact that there's not enough hours in the day. It was a transition that I always knew I'd have to make and I knew it would be a hard one, so I just thought now was the time." Royal Ballet principal Ricardo Cervera says Scarlett has "huge potential to be one of the best choreographers alive".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):