This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

POB Annual Internal Competition (2012-2013)

Annual competition started yesterday November 8, with the women. Here are the results which will be effective January 1st, 2013

Promoted to Coryphées

1 Sae Eun Park

2 Emilie Hasboun

3 Marion Barbeau

Ranked :

4 Léonore Baulac, 5 Gwennaelle Vauthier , 6 Jennifer Visocchi

Promoted to Sujet

1 Marine Ganio

2 Eléonore Guérineau

3 Pauline Verdusen

Ranked

4 Laurène Lévy, 5 Charlotte Ranson, 6 Letizia Galloni

Promoted to Première danseuse

1 Valentine Colasante

Ranked

2 Amandine Albisson, 3 Aurélia Bellet, 4 Héloïse Bourdon, 5 Laura Hecquet, 6 Sarah Kora Dayanova

Results from the men competition which happened today :

Promoted to Coryphées

1 Jérémie Loup Quer

2 Mathieu Contat

Ranked

3 Germain Louvet, 4 Hugo Marchand, 5 Alexandre Labrot, 6 Florent Melac

Promoted to Sujet

1 François Alu

2 Yann Chailloux

Ranked :

3 Maxime Thomas, 4 Axel Ibot, 5 Alexandre Gasse, 6 Mathieu Botto

Promoted to Premer Danseur

1 Audric Bezard

Ranked :

2 Pierre-Arthur Raveau, 3 Fabien Révillion, 4 Allister Madin, 5 Yannick Bittencourt, 6 Marc Moreau

Axel Ibot made quite an impression during the POB's visit to New York a few months ago. I'm glad to see that he was "ranked". What exactly does it mean to be "ranked"?

I guess ,it is liked being a runner-up. Maybe, next year, he will do better.

Perhaps I didn't use the right word... the dancers are listed according to the mark they obtain during the competition. They are promoted according to the number of positions available. It's a satisfaction to be in the list but it doesn't bring any privileges.

Annual competition started yesterday November 8, with the women. Here are the results which will be effective January 1st, 2013

Promoted to Coryphées

1 Sae Eun Park

2 Emilie Hasboun

3 Marion Barbeau

Ranked :

4 Léonore Baulac, 5 Gwennaelle Vauthier , 6 Jennifer Visocchi

Promoted to Sujet

1 Marine Ganio

2 Eléonore Guérineau

3 Pauline Verdusen

Ranked

4 Laurène Lévy, 5 Charlotte Ranson, 6 Letizia Galloni

Promoted to Première danseuse

1 Valentine Colasante

Ranked

2 Amandine Albisson, 3 Aurélia Bellet, 4 Héloïse Bourdon, 5 Laura Hecquet, 6 Sarah Kora Dayanova

I could not believed that ABT did not hire Sae Eun Park when she was w/ the Studio Company. At the rate of her yearly promotion at POB, i will not be surprised if she becomes the 1st Asian Etoile of the POB .

From what I've seen of Sae Eun Park, her feet and legs are not at all up to par with the POB standard. She also seems to lack their signature refinement and that certain luscious quality that sets their dancers apart. The female premiere danseuse rankings I find most surprising... I've hardly even heard of Colasante, but have seen lovely dancing from all the girls ranked lower, several of which were featured in the US tour.

Sae Eun Park is very strong technically and naturally gifted. With those qualities, you often go fast in the 2/3 first ranks of the hierarchy, also because the system of the competition which requires in 2 variations to show what you can do. Once you are given small roles, you have to develop and show other qualities but she will have time to acquire the style because she is really talented. Does she have a talent to act, we will have to wait a little to know that.

Valentine Colasante is young and has risen fast in the hierarchy so she has not been given so much soloist roles but she’s strong technically and she has a way to get into the roles which has never disappointed me. She’s versatile and can be at ease in classics and in the contemporary rep, and it’s necessary with POB.