This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Name the step (from video links)Finding out what steps or poses are called, from video links

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

Yes, going on a voyage is do much more picturesque than just travelling arabesque...

#32 jsmu

jsmu

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

I was also taught sissonnes--or sissonnes en arabesque en avant for this particular case--perhaps with ferme to failli as well
but I would say arabesques voyagees are what we see Myrtha do in Giselle or the ballerina do backwards in Tchaik Pas?

#33 cinnamonswirl

cinnamonswirl

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

I was also taught sissonnes--or sissonnes en arabesque en avant for this particular case--perhaps with ferme to failli as well
but I would say arabesques voyagees are what we see Myrtha do in Giselle or the ballerina do backwards in Tchaik Pas?

Yes. At 10:04 Giselle does tours a l'italienne. Arabesques voyagees travel in a line.

#34 sasark

sasark

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

I know that this thread has been dormant for a while, but I'm hoping to revive it with a few new questions...

Can anyone identify the name of the turn/leap Roberto Bolle does between 2:16:38 and 2:16:45 in the following video?

Also... during a pirouette or pique turn, if the dancer's toe (of the raised leg) crosses the knee of the standing leg, is that poor technique -- or artistic choice? For example, in the following video, you can see the "crossover" at approximately 45:37. It looked odd to me, but I'm not really sure.

thanks a lot!

Sasha

#35 Rock

Rock

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

I believe that jump is called coupé jeté en attitude.

As to the foot in passé it's what is called over-crossed and is technically incorrect. The box of the pointe shoe should be just under the knee on the inside of the standing leg - only crossed about half way on the standing leg. Sometimes in supported pirouettes there's a fear of the passé leg's knee hitting the partner and one tends to over-cross. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):