This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Name the step (from video links)Finding out what steps or poses are called, from video links

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

Yes, going on a voyage is do much more picturesque than just travelling arabesque...

#32 jsmu

jsmu

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

I was also taught sissonnes--or sissonnes en arabesque en avant for this particular case--perhaps with ferme to failli as well
but I would say arabesques voyagees are what we see Myrtha do in Giselle or the ballerina do backwards in Tchaik Pas?

#33 cinnamonswirl

cinnamonswirl

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

I was also taught sissonnes--or sissonnes en arabesque en avant for this particular case--perhaps with ferme to failli as well
but I would say arabesques voyagees are what we see Myrtha do in Giselle or the ballerina do backwards in Tchaik Pas?

Yes. At 10:04 Giselle does tours a l'italienne. Arabesques voyagees travel in a line.

#34 sasark

sasark

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

I know that this thread has been dormant for a while, but I'm hoping to revive it with a few new questions...

Can anyone identify the name of the turn/leap Roberto Bolle does between 2:16:38 and 2:16:45 in the following video?

Also... during a pirouette or pique turn, if the dancer's toe (of the raised leg) crosses the knee of the standing leg, is that poor technique -- or artistic choice? For example, in the following video, you can see the "crossover" at approximately 45:37. It looked odd to me, but I'm not really sure.

thanks a lot!

Sasha

#35 Rock

Rock

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

I believe that jump is called coupé jeté en attitude.

As to the foot in passé it's what is called over-crossed and is technically incorrect. The box of the pointe shoe should be just under the knee on the inside of the standing leg - only crossed about half way on the standing leg. Sometimes in supported pirouettes there's a fear of the passé leg's knee hitting the partner and one tends to over-cross. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):