This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Ksenia Zhiganshina - future star?Vaganova student debuts w/ pro company

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Balletfreak

Balletfreak

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

Zhiganshinas graduation

Talisman

Paquita

I think her artistry was more present in Talisman. A pleasure to watch, even with some minor mistakes in the solo part (which are rare for Ksenia). Her Paquita was technically very strong with amazing stage presence but perhaps a bit "flat" in terms of artistry. All in all a very promising graduate to watch.I wish her an amazing career in Bolshoi!.

#17 MadameP

MadameP

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:58 PM

Ksenia has got off to a flying start with the Bolshoi!  Her debut was as Neapolitan Bride in the second Swan Lake of the season on 20th September.  She next danced one of the Furies in Flammes de Paris on 26th September, and she is scheduled to dance one of the Two Sylphs in La Sylphide on 11th October.   I also spotted her dancing in the corps during the Legend of Love rehearsal in the recent Bolshoi broadcast.  Congratulations and good luck to this talented young ballerina!  

#18 Balletfreak

Balletfreak

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:25 AM

Ksenia danced the peasant pas de deux in Giselle a few days ago. I wish we could get more videos of her!

#19 MadameP

MadameP

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:00 AM

Ksenia danced the peasant pas de deux in Giselle a few days ago. I wish we could get more videos of her!

There is nothing on YT that I can see, but Ksenia herself posted this tiny fragment:

http://videos-h-19.a...359502250_n.mp4

Unfortunately, it is filmed with an iPhone and there is a 15 seconds time limit, so this is all we have - but it is better than nothing!   Well done, Ksenia!  

#20 YID

YID

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:41 PM

With all due respect, isn't she a member of Bolshoi? then shouldn't the continuation of posts belong in there? She didn't join Mariinsky

#21 Buddy

Buddy

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:39 PM

I've resisted moving Olga Smirnova to the Bolshoi topics for over two years, Yid. I love comparing her to Oxana Skorik for one thing. For another she's too distinct to really be categorized anywhere and still has lots of Vaganova/Mariinsky in her. I even try to get Svetlana Zakharova in my Mariinsky posts as much as possible. Furthermore, regrettably, I've yet to visit to Moscow.

But you do have a good point and in regard to Olga Smirnova, well, I hope to make it to Moscow one day and maybe I can take her with me.

#22 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,460 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:58 PM

I've moved the thread to the Dancers forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):