This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

UPGRADE COMPLETE

Helene

I'm about to put in the request for the latest upgrade. Please expect a blip in the board sometime soon.

Unfortunately, we won't know exactly when it will happen, and the choices are 1. Closing the board down until it does or 2. Keeping the board up, knowing that in the transition, we may lose a post or two.

For the last few upgrades, we've chosen the latter. My suggestion is: if you are posting today (Wednesday, 7 November), especially if it's a long post, please copy and paste it into a Word or text file, so that you can re-post, if your post is caught mid-upgrade.

I'll confirm when the upgrade is complete.

The upgrade is complete. There are some changes to the UI that I'm still in the process of finding and making, and I'm still looking for version of the modification that displays and allows entry for topic subtitles and that works with the upgraded version. It may take me a little while.

Please let me know in this thread if you find anomalies along the way.

I was surprised this evening, when checking in on my android cell phone, to find the the look, layout, and organization of the board were significantly different from what I am used to. This did not change on my p.c. or tablet. Did anyone else have this problem? By clicking around, I found a box that allowed me to revert to the "full version," which is what I am accustomed to.

Thank you, Helene, for your expertise (quite mysterious and miaculous to me) and for the time and effort you spend to keep Ballet Alert up to date.

The UIs (called "Skins") for the PC and the cell phone are completely separate. I'm afraid that because the cell phone interface makes admin-ning difficult, I gave it a shot when it first came out, but since then I've only used the full version. I'm sorry, but I don't remember what it looked like enough to know what the changes are.

I wish I could figure out why there are three "<" symbols between the "[n] user(s) are reading this topic" message and the amazon.com search box at the bottom of each page. Grrrrrr.

I was able to access this site going directly from BTforD, and it is working, but, when I tried to access it from my bookmarked list or directly with typing in the address I only get the home page and it is blank except for the top red title bar. If I click on Sign In, nothing comes up. The same appears to be happening for some people on BTforD. And, if I try to go back to BTforD from the link on this page, it does open at all.

I found the duplicate Members and Forums tab issue in the IPS Knowledge Base, and I made the fix.The issue with the BT4D URL is that it won't work with the "www." in it. It must be

"h t t p://dancers.invisionzone.com." without the spaces (which are there to keep it from becoming an unreadable link).

That has the three impacts that Victoria found:

1. On the link from BA to BT4D, which I've fixed, and it's now working.
  2. When typing the URL into the browser.
  3. In saved bookmarks ("favorites" in IE speak)

Typing the URL Into the Browser

When I typed in the BT4D URL, it wouldn't work until I cleared my browser history, because no matter what I typed, it defaulted to the old URL. If you find that this is your situation, you have to clear the browser history.

The common browsers -- Safari, Firefox, and IE -- have different ways of bundling the things that are cleared. Warning: depending on the browser, you may be clearing your cookies either by default, or if you're not careful.

To clear browser history:

• Firefox for Macs
    • Select Tools
    • Select Clear Recent History

[*]Firefox for PCs (everything has to be more complicated)

• Select Firefox
    • Select History
    • Select Clear Recent History
    • If it's your first time in this screen, select a time frame and click the button that isn't "cancel".
      • When you return to this screen, the next screen will have your previous selection defaulted in the drop-down, and you can change the selection.
      • I'm not sure if clearing anything short of "Everything" will be effective.

[*]Unselect everything but "Browser history and downloads" and "Cache"

• You probably don't want to delete all of your cookies unless your browser saves all of your usernames and passwords.

[*]Click Clear All Now

[*]iPad

• Select the "book" ("Bookmarks") icon
    • Select History
    • Click the Clear History button

[*]Safari

• Select History
    • Select Clear History