Viacheslav Samudurov Artistic Dir. Yekaterinburg BalletChoreographs an echo of the Soviet Era of the 1920's and 30's.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 leonid17

leonid17

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

Vyacheslav Samodurov former principal of the Royal Ballet where he cut his choreographic teeth, was to be found staging a ballet in a factory in the Urals echoing of such events of the 1920's and 1930's in the Soviet Union.

The one-act ballet, called 'H2O' was performed by the Yekaterinburg Theatre in a car factory, as part of the second Ural Industrial Biennale of Contemporary Art. Workers from the factory also took part in the performance, performing in their work and office clothes alongside professional ballet dancers.

Vyacheslav Samodurov, Art. Director of Yekaterinburg Opera & Ballet, said,"This is, after all, the Industrial Biennale of Contemporary Art, so it seems to me that all of it connects well together. I think we live in a very industrial, modern and dynamic world, so, I think that this (ballet) is an ideal symbiosis."

An extract of the work can be seen at,

http://www.telegraph...tal-ballet.html

Posted Image

Yekaterinburg State Academic Theatre of Opera and Ballet.

PS Apologies for incorrect spelling of Vyacheslav Samodurov in the heading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):