This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Pavlova in THE DUMB GIRL OF PORTICIMusuem of Modern Art screenings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

f.y.i. as part of the following series: To Save and Project: The 10th MoMA International Festival of Film Preservation, the museum is screening its would-be newly restored print of THE DUMB GIRL OF PORTICI tomorrow Oct. 13 @ 1 pm & Sun. Oct. 21st @ 4 pm.

here's a MoMA link:

http://www.moma.org/...ndar/films/1325

#2 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

wow i saw this in london in 1981, i can't recall exactly where, but it was part of the 50th anniversary of her passing and there were many marvelous exhibits. i very much enjoyed the film and her performance was very good

#3 leonid17

leonid17

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

It was shown in the cinema at the Museum of London in 1981.

As part of this years celebrations of Pavlova moving into Ivy House it was shown at the British Film Institute with a piano accompaniment using themes from Auber's opera.

To supplement the exhibition at Ivy House on the history of Pavlova in which I wrote, co-curated and co-designed with Julia Weiner, we were fortunate to have the film running continuosly through the day on a sceen placed in the exhibition space.

#4 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Thanks, RG, for the heads-up! I have wanted to see this for LONG time. i'm going to do it SUnday!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):