• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#376 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

... she has the ability to be one of the finest ballerinas of our times. Perhaps she already is.

Oh mamma mia..! 

Edited to add: It is indeed written somewhere..."The end is coming"...

#377 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

Luckily for Buddy, the acting AD at Mariinsky agrees with him.  

#378 Buddy

Buddy

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

For about a month there's been a series of internet video clips of  Oxana Skorik's and Yevgeny Ivanchenko's July 9th "Giselle." I've just started to really get into these and would highly recommend them. I would also suggest starting right from the beginning, rather than skipping to the Act II duet and staying there, which is what I have a tendency to do.

There is little more that I can say about this Remarkable young artist, except for my ongoing --

Wow !!!!  flowers.gif

#379 Buddy

Buddy

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:28 AM

For the moment, this is the video clip that I'm Enjoying the most. I have a lot more that I could say about this work, but I would rather wait. I would have to call the entire two acts an Artistic Masterpiece. 

Then I would have to add this, because in my mind it is  -- * Greatness *  

I think that it works best when seen in the context of this entire ballet performance. 

#380 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

Current "Greatness" at the Mariinsky?  I count 4:  Ulyana Lopatkina, Victoria Tereshkina, Diana Vishneva, and (in her prime) Yulia Makhalina.  If they would let her dance to her full potential, I would include Daria Pavlenko.

But I don't think Oksana Skorik is at that top level yet, based on the videos you've provided. 

#381 Buddy

Buddy

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:19 AM

I've been going back and forth with a lot of video clips of current Mariinsky oriented ballerinas. Mainly I've been returning to the video clip that I posted here of Oxana Skorik's Act IV "Swan Lake" (starting at 22:00 minutes). I'm just more and more impressed.

I've written several times that Anna Pavlova may be Woman's answer to Michelangelo. More now than before, I think of Mozart as I watch Oxana Skorik develop. I focus on her hands and the remarkable beauty in the 'simplicity and economy' and the brilliant articulation of how she uses them. I can see those hands and his notes as being so much of the same fabric.

Also she seems to be more refined generally each new time that I see her, the last live performances being in Naples, Italy, a few weeks ago.

Another factor that continues to set her apart is how deeply and beautifully she goes inside herself.

Added:

And technically -- now consistent and flawless single, double, single fouette spins, lengthy balances....

#382 Janneke

Janneke

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

Statuesque Skorik appears in next month's Harper's Bazaar: http://fashnberry.co...-november-2013/

#383 amiaow

amiaow

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

The issue of Harper's Bazaar is actually the current one- November 2013. Not sure why they date magazines that way!

#384 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

The issue of Harper's Bazaar is actually the current one- November 2013. Not sure why they date magazines that way!

I think it is because, in general, magazines want the new issue to have a long shelf life in case the next issue comes out late. The issue of a magazine you get in October tends to be the November issue and in a way it is the "expiration date" because November is the last month people should see it. and halfway through the month of November I think the new December issue comes out. 

#385 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, behold the Mariinsky's newest Raymonda, Oksana Skorik:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JnMKMlx9lqY

The same videographer has posted solos by Marchuk (A3), Stepanova (Clemence in A2), and Krasnokutskaya and Skoblikova in the A1 'Dream Variations.'

Nov. 28, 2013

#386 amiaow

amiaow

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

The Raymonda variations- http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8fBXIKaAFbw

Adagio- http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1Lbhyh1A74o

#387 Buddy

Buddy

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

Thanks, amiaow and Natalia. The Adagio (duet) and the 'hand clapping' variation (solo) are my favorites so far. 

#388 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, behold the Mariinsky's newest Raymonda, Oksana Skorik:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JnMKMlx9lqY

The same videographer has posted solos by Marchuk (A3), Stepanova (Clemence in A2), and Krasnokutskaya and Skoblikova in the A1 'Dream Variations.'

Nov. 28, 2013

Well I'll say this: she looks very secure.  I think the characterization and accents will come later with more time.  

#389 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,570 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

I think she had wonderful presence and attitude in the last act.  Given that she has a reputation for being nervous before big roles, it was great to see her smile in the coda.

Three out of four of the men in quartet had double tours to die for.

Thank you for posting the videos, Natalia and amiaow!

#390 Fraildove

Fraildove

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

This is actually the most self-assured, technically proficient Oksana Skorick I've seen. Maybe she will build on this and will grow into the roles that have been thrust on her. Her lines are to die for!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):