This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Dance Magazine Names Lifetime Achievement Award Winners

From the New York Times:

September 18, 2012, 5:23 pm

Dance Magazine Names Lifetime Achievement Award Winners

By DANIEL J. WAKIN

Dance Magazine has named the winners of its annual lifetime achievement awards. They are Julie Kent, a principal dancer at American Ballet Theater; Renee Robinson, a member of the Alvin Ailey company since 1981; the tap dancer Dianne Walker; and the former New York Times dance critic Anna Kisselgoff. The honors will be bestowed on Dec. 3 at the Ailey Citigroup Theater.

-------------

Congratulations to all!

I've been wondering if we'll soon be upon Julie Kent's retirement from ABT. Is this award a sign that the 2012-2013 season will be her last? She's always been one of my favorites - so lovely and such clean technique.

Renee Robinson is retiring at the end of this year from Alvin Ailey.

I'm not familiar with Dianne Walker.

Definitely miss Anna Kisselgoff's critiques!

I was wondering when Renee Robinson would retire. I didn't see much (or any?) of her last season. I had thought that she might have been a candidate to take over the Ailey company after Jamison retired, but obviously that did not occur.

I too miss Kisselgoff's reviews.

Yes, there is definitely a big question mark as to when Kent will retire. She still seems to be going full steam ahead, and has given very strong performances in well-selected vehicles like Onegin.